Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Torspd's dyno run!!!

X-roller

Reaction score
Wish I had boost.... :frown:

I'm surprised that with that amount of tq.... your rear end doesn't squat one bit....

Last edited:

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
I wish he had a tonneau cover...:laugh:

Nice work you two...:top:

5000XD

Reaction score
The more I see these lifted trucks, the more I like em. Pretty good nrs! :top:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Nice numbers! I wish i had a turbo :adore:

Don't worry yet Muzzy, with him at 12psi, and me at 10psi, a highway pull was in his favor.... but not by a whole lot.

We got some more mods to do with the TRD blower that will get us back on top (until he changes wheels/tires, then we will need to look at adding lots of power for little money ;) )

lenie03

Reaction score
Fun dyno day mark and your power is AWESOME, it makes me smile :D

bcroach78

Reaction score
I know this is almost a year old, but torspd is on here alot so he may see this, or anyone with knowledge can chime in. He ran like 350 or so with 10psi, will a trd s/c with a 2.8 pulley at 10psi put out 350 or so HP too. or is it just his turbo set up?

Murderface

Reaction score
The only way you'll see 10psi with the 2.8 is if ur exhaust is completely stock, in which case it won't make power because it's all choked up

rexrunner

Reaction score
what did u make in the 12-15 psi fluctuating runs?

so whats the boost you going to? that built motor better make some power then urd on a stock block, especially when the tires get changed.

I wanna see 500!!!! lol or more

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I know this is almost a year old, but torspd is on here alot so he may see this, or anyone with knowledge can chime in. He ran like 350 or so with 10psi, will a trd s/c with a 2.8 pulley at 10psi put out 350 or so HP too. or is it just his turbo set up?

You also have to remember that's measuring HP through the rear wheels. He was running big heavy offroad tires for the runs. If he puts on stock size tires that I would guess weigh less than half what he had and his numbers would be much much higher. Plus look at the torque numbers. TRD won't even come close to touching those, ever.

He is working on a completely new setup. Can't wait to see what kind of power he will put down when all is done.

bcroach78

Reaction score
The only way you'll see 10psi with the 2.8 is if ur exhaust is completely stock, in which case it won't make power because it's all choked up

I understand I wont see 10psi with only a 2.8 pulley on a trd S/C. I should have added a bit to that question. I dont have a boost guage yet. But with an afe stage II, the 2.8, and the NST overdrive pulley set do you think I will see close to 10. I should see atleast 7.5 or a bit higher on a perfect day with just the 2.8 pulley correct? Would the NST pullies increase boost or just allow the engine and everything to turn easier?

trd_sport

Reaction score
^yes
I would expect for you to see in the 8.5-10 psi range depending on the conditions.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
This dyno was withower compression than the motor prior. This had 9.2:1 compression. The last one had 9.5:1 compression. I am still running the motor with 9.2:1 compression. Best will old motor was 407 whp and 491 wtq. At 12 psi. This one is what you see.

Didn't numbers were up and down on the fluctuating run. I don't remember them as well. Something was going on with the boost controller, and X-1.

That was all junk any way. This new setup should have far better #'s. At least I hope so. ;)

I understand I wont see 10psi with only a 2.8 pulley on a trd S/C. I should have added a bit to that question. I dont have a boost guage yet. But with an afe stage II, the 2.8, and the NST overdrive pulley set do you think I will see close to 10. I should see atleast 7.5 or a bit higher on a perfect day with just the 2.8 pulley correct? Would the NST pullies increase boost or just allow the engine and everything to turn easier?

That pulley combo should get you right near there.360+ whp with supporting mods.

You also have to remember that's measuring HP through the rear wheels. He was running big heavy offroad tires for the runs. If he puts on stock size tires that I would guess weigh less than half what he had and his numbers would be much much higher. Plus look at the torque numbers. TRD won't even come close to touching those, ever.

He is working on a completely new setup. Can't wait to see what kind of power he will put down when all is done.

I am very anxious to see the #'s. Shooting for 550 whp. We shall see....... ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom