Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Toyota Floor mat RECALL & TEMP FIX

Phoenix

"Snow Ninja"
Reaction score
... Sooooo a monkey could fix the problem? Rad. lol

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Here are some pics of the "temp fix", along with the 'CAUTION' card that is now attached to the floormats-->

floormat4.jpg

floormat3.jpg

Gadget

Reaction score
That is very classy. I can't wait to take my X in and have them do that to it.

G

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Ummmmm ya right!! Im not letting them do that to my mats!!!!

TRD-X

Reaction score
:thumpdown: TOYOTA not going to put zip ties on my mats. this the fix for all weather mats to ?
I have a car with all weather mats

X-Band

Reaction score
Stupid question, if I dont have my stock mats can I get some free ones out of this?

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Stupid question, if I dont have my stock mats can I get some free ones out of this?
Without your OEM mats...doubtful. At least not yet anyways...

Right now this is just the 'temp fix' until Toyota figures out what to do next. We're still awaiting word as to when/if they will be doing full replacements.

nine9six

Reaction score
If they do replacements, I'll take mine in. Otherwise...forget it.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
If they do replacements, I'll take mine in. Otherwise...forget it.
The only thing that may hold them back from doing full replacements is the cost.

Even though Toyota is doing better then every other car company out there right now, they are still on track to lose 5 billion this year:thumpdown:...which as you can image, might put a damper on issuing thousands of new floor mats for free.

X-Band

Reaction score
So should I hold off on buying OEM ones in case they redesign them?

2006nightrider

Reaction score
So should I hold off on buying OEM ones in case they redesign them?
Well the darker mats (that I mentioned in my other thread) have already arrived. I'll try to get a picture of them and post it up.

DC29

Reaction score
please do post pics i wanna see em.

seriously though... fvckin zip-ties?!?! wtf?!?!

im so glad i didnt take mine in, i passed by the dealer one day and almost pulled in just for the mats.

xrunish

Reaction score
they dont replace anything basically they said they can zip tie it and use zip ties that are basically hidden so you wont see it... something youc ant do yourself or velcro them

CJX-RUNNER

Reaction score
Just saw this on ABCNEWS.com and I though it would be appropriate to post it under here.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/Runaw...-cars-owners-rebel-accidents/story?id=8980479

Those people are 100% full of **it!!! They are just trying to sue Toyota for way more than what's necessary.
This happened to me one day where the pedal got stuck on the mat.. But I did what you're supposed to, keep your eyes on the road and tap the accelerator until it breaks loose.:dontknow:
It sounds like these idiots have no clue that their pedal was stuck and just looked down and saw their speedo increasing, so they go straight for the brake pedal "with both feet"!:stupid:
Some people need to get lives, rather than going after large corporations for an early retirement...."Karma's a beotch":top:

2006nightrider

Reaction score
^^^x2...

We had some lady that came in (not for the recall, just for service work) and had 3 floor mats on her drivers side....3!!!! She had her Toyota carpet mats, the all weather mats on top, and then some generic mats on top of those:stupid:. Those are the type of people that are getting in the damn accidents.

Can't stand stupid people:argh:

Top Bottom