Toyota recalls 342,000 Tacoma for front seat belts

Discussion in 'Recalls & Updates' started by Edgeman, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Edgeman

Edgeman Member

DETROIT (AP) - Toyota is recalling 342,000 Tacoma midsize pickup trucks because the front seat belts can malfunction.

The recall affects 2004 to 2011 Access Cab models with a small door to the rear passenger compartment.

Toyota says screws that attach part of the seat belts to the mechanism that retracts the belts can come loose if the rear door is closed repeatedly and forcefully. If that happens, the belts may not work properly for the driver or front passenger.

Toyota says no crashes or injuries have been reported from the problem.

The company will notify owners of the pickups by mail and dealers will fix them free of charge.

Owners can call Toyota at (800) 331-4331.

http://money.msn.com/business-news/article.aspx?feed=AP&date=20130807&id=16785640

2. motoxx199

motoxx199 New Member

Just got off the phone with Toyota they said they don't have a fix for it yet but it will be soon.
    Thanks for the heads up

3. Click

Click Member

Just saw that today on the news.

4. FireB

FireB Member

If they give me a new seat belt as well would be nice.......
    Thanks for the heads up!

5. X-FREAK

X-FREAK New Member

Sounds alot like our FJ cruiser seat belt recall we are doing now. Pretty sure they are designed the same way

6. smftexas86

smftexas86 New Member

well thats good info to know, guess I'll wait a few weeks and give them a call.

Thanks!

7. 06 xrunner

06 xrunner New Member

I just received my letter yesterday for this recall but they don't have the remedy parts available yet and will get another letter when they are available. If you have any concerns though or you hear an abnormal rattling noise coming from the rear door or if you cannot retract your seatbelt they say to contact a Toyota dealer right away

8. Gators Taco

Gators Taco <a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho

I got my notice for a seat belt recall in the mail on Friday. They mention the screws that holds the seat belt units coming loose in the access doors. They may replace the seat belt assembly or just the screws with some tread lock

9. hottacoX

hottacoX Moderator
    Staff Member

I got my letter last week as well, my seatbelt rattles like shit 24-7! Annnnddd the passenger belt is in backwards.... As in the silver metal part faces the door! I am hoping the replace it!

10. butters607

butters607 Active Member

The fix is a ****ing lock washer duh

11. SooRunner

SooRunner New Member

Just got my letter today, I wonder if what would happen if I brought my truck for this recall and end up doing the gas + brake shutdown flash to the ecu?I would be pissed!

12. XRUNNAH808

XRUNNAH808 Member

Glad to have the 2013 one, but the 2005-2011 models looks kind of better to me.