Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Track day

DemonXrunner

Reaction score
So i am exited to finally make it to the track with the truck.

So far what I have on the truck is The procharger at 4PSI at full boost and gutted cats.

Not sure how much power I am putting down, but it seems a bit quicker. LOL

Today I ran at the local speedway for an event they have each month and ran 4 times. My best time was a 9.140 with a R/T of .590 a 60' of 2.126.

I think that is prob a 14 flat in the quarter, but that is just me guessing. What do you guys think?

Good ----- Bad??

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Sorry but I don't really know much about boost but is a procharger just a different brand of supercharger? Why is it only 4 psi? I thought that URD and TRD are running round 8. Personally I think you can lay down a time under 14 if you take the X on a diet (spare tire/sub/all the unneeded items). Good luck and have fun.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Sorry but I don't really know much about boost but is a procharger just a different brand of supercharger? Why is it only 4 psi? I thought that URD and TRD are running round 8. Personally I think you can lay down a time under 14 if you take the X on a diet (spare tire/sub/all the unneeded items). Good luck and have fun.

Procharger is a brand. He fabbed up the kit himself. As for the 4 psi I believe he is keeping it low boost because he has no way to tune the system. :ahhhhh:
Get some bigger injectors and a way to tune, then crank the boost and lets see what that setup can do. :top:

DemonXrunner

Reaction score
Yeah well this was an experimental thing and got it for a very good price. The Prochargers are made for Mustangs and they have a larger Crank pulley. Since our truck has a smaller one the blower does not reach the PSI it would on a Stang.

Since the truck is un-tunned and the Air fuel mixture is perfect I have not wanted to have a smaller pulley made. I say sometime next summer I will go up to 8 PSI and get the truck tunned with also the addition of long tube headers and a true Duel exhaust setup like the lightings.

I gapped my spark plugs to .35 and the truck a higher RPMS picks up quick.

Oh and I forgot to mention the cars I raced.

1st was my brother in his MR2. I beat him by a couple cars. We both ran in the 10s.
2nd was with an SRT 4. I got him by like 3-4 cars. I got 9.2 that time.
3rd was with an Acura GRS i think. I got 9.8 and beat him by like 4 cars.
4th was a buick grand national. Cool as black guy but I had to smoke him. I ran 9.1 and beat him by a least 3 cars.

This track is good, but one these events they dont do a very good track prep.

STONER-X

Reaction score
1st was my brother in his MR2. I beat him by a couple cars. We both ran in the 10s.
2nd was with an SRT 4. I got him by like 3-4 cars. I got 9.2 that time.
3rd was with an Acura GRS i think. I got 9.8 and beat him by like 4 cars.
4th was a buick grand national. Cool as black guy but I had to smoke him. I ran 9.1 and beat him by a least 3 cars.

are those cool points :laugh:

seems like some nice times... a solid low 14 would seems pretty good.... with no tune or "real" boost.... (not maxed out)

keep it up..

Slay0r

Reaction score
wallaceracing.com has a 1/8th mile to 1/4 mile converter

at 9.140 1/8th mile, you would have ran a 14.48 in the 1/4

DemonXrunner

Reaction score
Damn thats disappointment. I saw someone on here that had a 9.170 in the 1/8 and the quarter time was 14.023. U sure. On a N/A it would make sense, but the truck pick more on high end with boost.

Slay0r

Reaction score
well i re-entered your time on another one and it was close to 14.29

but yeh, thats about the time that you should expect if u werent running DR or slicks

DemonXrunner

Reaction score
Yeah we will see. I am sending the blower in for a rebuild at Supercharger rebuilds .com and get it fixed once and for all because I the guy that has been fixing it for me doesnt seem to know how to fix the case leak and keep blaming it on the seals being too small. LOL What a noob and to think he own a pretty big mustang shop.

The fist couple of times launching at 2500 or 3000 RPMs was horrible. Supper boucing of the bed or spinning. The last run of the night I launched at 1500 RPMs and it spun a little then picked up real nice. The truck def feels like it wants more road at the finish line though.

Funny thin is that everyone was like WTF turbo tacoma or maybe is supercharged. People would yell at me ( hey yo, is that turbo?) lol

My girl was sitting on the bleachers and the guys were like ( I bet 5 bucks on the car, that truck is not fast ) Then when i did the burnout and the blower started to really get loud they all got quiet she told me. LOL

Slay0r

Reaction score
yeh i get the "that things got a turbo, i hear it every time u pass by here in the morning"

i try to explain its a s/c, but then they're like oh yeh, those are supercharged from the factory. That sparks up a convo that ends up keeping me there longer than i had planned lol

DemonXrunner

Reaction score
Hahaha yeah def. People ask oh can i see your motor and blah blah. I need to get long tubes soon. I want to do long tubes then get a dual in dual out exhaust and dump the 2 pipes behind the bed since that plastic piece got murdered about 3 weeks ago.

Hey were you able to see my Facebook gallery?

Slay0r

Reaction score
nah, im one of the few ppl left in the world that doesnt have a facebook. I like my privacy :)

DemonXrunner

Reaction score
LOL you just have to know what to post up on there bro. U still might be able to check out the pics without having an account.

Slay0r

Reaction score
lol i still get stalked by ppl at my work through my gfs account. so im screwed either way

i tried, no dice

Top Bottom