Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Track Daze at VIR May 31 2014

autobodyX

Reaction score
Thanks for doing the leg-work on this issue, Mike. Got too busy to alot enough time to fiddle with the fuses today, but will do it tomorrow, no doubt. There are several sweeping on-ramps here in SoFlo upon which to test it out. So, you're saying that the braking might still occur, but the dammed throttle control will be disabled for a few start cycles.

I should disable both. I terrorise my passangers on on and off ramps:smile:

autobodyX

Reaction score
The new pavement is super smoth and fast. I had so much fun this trip to VIR and the X drove so good. I do not have any changes planned for the next trackday, I can go back to working on the driver mod again. I need to quit charging the corners so hard, slow in and fast out.

SgtBadA

Reaction score
I should disable both. I terrorise my passangers on on and off ramps:smile:

there is an off ramp here in town that has a nice bend in it that I like to haul ass on. its kindof like the s curves at VIR. now that I have the lowering springs in im sure I can take that corner a little better now..

autobodyX

Reaction score
love the video! and anyone else get their data tag results? my best lap time was 2:43:05 just interested in how everyone else fared! it was a great time, and i can't say how much i wish that my engine hadn't have blown. (wouldn't have minded as much if i had gotten more than 1 hr of track time)

Edit: Data tag number 20142, just for you buck ;)

Your time was very respectable for your first time at the track.
I found a motor over here with 27,000 miles the man wants 2300.00 for it. Yea would be a lot easier to take if it lasted longer.
My data tag # was 20129

Clewis333

Reaction score
autobodyx too bad i didn't know about this motor before. i just bought one through gadget for 1900 but its got a lot more miles.

torspd i haven't dissected the motor yet. been real busy at work. need to start though. i gotta go up to maryland probably next weekend to pickup the motor from URD

i see your best time was the second to last run on the last day. 2:29 very nice. what kinda power are you making with that TRD s/c?

Last edited:

autobodyX

Reaction score
autobodyx too bad i didn't know about this motor before. i just bought one through gadget for 1900 but its got a lot more miles.

torspd i haven't dissected the motor yet. been real busy at work. need to start though. i gotta go up to maryland probably next weekend to pickup the motor from URD

i see your best time was the second to last run on the last day. 2:29 very nice. what kinda power are you making with that TRD s/c?

Thankyou for the complement. I am pleased that I backed that lap up with another that was only 3 tenths slower. With close to sixty cars on track in my group it is hard sometimes to get even one clear lap.
I have never dynoed my X, others with mods like I have make 335. I should be in that range. I have enough power to drag that spioler to 130 down the front strait.

SgtBadA

Reaction score
pics from VIR

So I got around to cleaning up my computer a bit and forgot that I had a million photos from this event that I never posted. I know this thread is old but I figured better late than never. if you want more photos just PM me and I can send the whole album to you.

enjoy,
chris

Gadget

Reaction score
Time to get the next VIR event lined up.

G

Top Bottom