Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Track Run at Daytona International Speedway

AmyGuyClayton

Reaction score
Myself, BondXII (Buck), and Fuseaku (Derek) attended a track day at Daytona International Speedway on 9-29-12. Fuseaku (Derek) brought his X-Runner as well, but we let Derek use our truck for the event, and what do you know, he beat our times in our own Truck! Great Job Derek! Dereks Final Time was a 46.7 which beat my 47.0. Derek is also in the professional video and video editing business so he made us this awesome video below! Enjoy!!!! :blurock:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xivdsSfkdSE[/ame]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xivdsSfkdSE&feature=youtu.be

watch

photo-1.jpg
photo7-1.jpg
photo5-2.jpg
photo5-1.jpg
photo3-1.jpg

Last edited:

autobodyX

Reaction score
It sucks getting beat by your own truck, It has happened to me too. Looks like a good venue to run at. You should run in the street tire class STX T. The truck looks good at speed.

BondXII

Reaction score
We really need to run HSP or whatever the class is now. Then we can run an R compound tire. The Hankook RS-3s are good, but still not an R. At the end of this season, we'll be running the Yaris. The RS-3s are a great match for that little car. STF for the win. LOL. We'll still use the X for Trackdaze and Hooked on Driving events. The truck is more at home at a buck thirty. :)

fuseaku

Reaction score
So much fun guys!! Thanks for letting me race your truck! :top: I'll hopefully get to do it again in 2 weeks with my own!

autobodyX

Reaction score
We'll still use the X for Trackdaze and Hooked on Driving events. The truck is more at home at a buck thirty. :)

I heard that! I can't wait to get my new truck, new to me, Sean's old truck, out on the road course. I have been installing my tricks from the red truck onto the Blue one and hope to see some big speed #s up at VIR this November with Trackdaze. By the way I need to order a set of the newer QA1s mine are not adjustable, and I really think they need to be for my application. PM me a price please Buck.

I like the interior camera angle in your video, Where and how did you have it mounted? I will try that angle next time to see my self driving. Our instructors would tell Amy to keep her hands at 9 and three,I always just say yea,yea ,but its a truck not a car.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Question where do u put your tire Psi on for events like this? Why?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Another video of you guys making me jelly. Even more so right now since I can't even drive my truck.

And take Fuseaku with you next time you guys go to a Track Dayz event. That would make for some freaking awesome videos.

BTW, what is that on your mirrior?

Last edited:

fuseaku

Reaction score
I think it's a little Angry Bird stuffed animal thing... It was hanging from the mirror and kinda blocking my view a little, so I stuffed it up above the mirror. haha :laugh:

By the way, I have the new and complete video with all three of us driving uploading to YouTube right now!

AmyGuyClayton

Reaction score
I think it's a little Angry Bird stuffed animal thing... It was hanging from the mirror and kinda blocking my view a little, so I stuffed it up above the mirror. haha :laugh:

By the way, I have the new and complete video with all three of us driving uploading to YouTube right now!

Awesome! I cant waint to see the final video with all of us. :top:

BondXII

Reaction score
I heard that! I can't wait to get my new truck, new to me, Sean's old truck, out on the road course. I have been installing my tricks from the red truck onto the Blue one and hope to see some big speed #s up at VIR this November with Trackdaze. By the way I need to order a set of the newer QA1s mine are not adjustable, and I really think they need to be for my application. PM me a price please Buck.

I like the interior camera angle in your video, Where and how did you have it mounted? I will try that angle next time to see my self driving. Our instructors would tell Amy to keep her hands at 9 and three,I always just say yea,yea ,but its a truck not a car.

I'll PM you shortly on the QA1s. The interior angle is a GoPro using the suction up mount stuck to the outside of the door looking in.

Question where do u put your tire Psi on for events like this? Why?

Cold 37 front, 35 rear... Hot 39 front, 37 rear.
Seems to be the sweet spot on these particular tires with the weight of the truck. Less than this and there's too much sidewall flex, more than ths and it goes from Because Race Truck...to Bcause Drift Truck. LOL. Not ideal for autocross.

Another video of you guys making me jelly. Even more so right now since I can't even drive my truck.

And take Fuseaku with you next time you guys go to a Track Dayz event. That would make for some freaking awesome videos.

BTW, what is that on your mirrior?

It's on the list to go back to TrackDaze. Not sure about the November one though. Would be sweet if we could get Derek out there to shoot some video and to tear up the track with us. :rockon:

If you're referring to the black thing in the A-Pillar, it's a phone holder from Craven Speed. Pretty handy for hands free and GPS if needed. If you're referring to the blue thing hanging from the rear view... It's the blue Angry Bird. Watch out, te blue ones split and rake havoc on everything in its path. LOL. :blurock: :rofl:

I noticed that you shoved it up there. It doesn't bother me anymore since its always there. What's funny is that after you shoved it up out of the way, you finished your laps, Amy did hers, I did mine...THEN finally it falls down out of nowhere right as we got onto Interational Blv. Scared the hell out of me. :ahhhhh:

fuseaku

Reaction score
ahahahahaha That's too funny man!! Sorry, I forgot to take it back down after my runs. I'd definitely love to do as much racing as I can... I miss it!

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Interesting....lately I've been running mine at 31. Cold... Just to see...

autobodyX

Reaction score
Interesting....lately I've been running mine at 31. Cold... Just to see...

If you measure tire temperature across the tread and it is hotter in the middle you need less pressure and more if it is cooler. on the front it will always be hotter on the inside because of the camber, so try to get the middle and the outside edge temps the same.

I start my first run with 35 psi at a HPDE and a autoX at 38 and then make my adjustments with the tires and brakes hot. Nitrogen helps keep things more consistant.

For auto x or a track day I like 41 psi in the front and 40 in the rear in my R-comp tires and 40 and 39 in my street tires. If I go below 35 psi I loose to much grip. You can buy an in expensive pyrometer, mine that I use is like 25.00. Hope this helps.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Cool....i'll look into it.....i enjoy driving my truck and anything to keep it stuck on the road the better...

Top Bottom