Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Trackdaze @ VIR july 12-13

azburnin

Reaction score
You might get more of a response after this weekends track daze.

SgtBadA

Reaction score
yea im sure I will. I ran across it on their site so I figured I might as well post it up now.

Miami_X

Reaction score
I'm 90% certain I'm gonna have another crack at VIR in July with you. I'll know for sure next week. I think my son wants in, too. :smile: I had such a great time last weekend, and meeting all you guys was awesome!

Clewis333

Reaction score
hey, bump for an update from anyone. i'm trying to decide when to go. this VIR event or summit point WV event july 4th weekend

Miami_X

Reaction score
I'll be there...

hey, bump for an update from anyone. i'm trying to decide when to go. this VIR event or summit point WV event july 4th weekend

Registered today. I'll be there on Saturday!

autobodyX

Reaction score
The July 4 th event is a special one and they are not offering a novice group for the event.
I'm planning to attend the Summit point event at the Jefferson circuit on September 6-7 weekend.

macg33k

Reaction score
So Mike, does that mean you're not planning to do the July 12 VIR? I'm trying to decide what to go to. I really like VIR, but I also wouldn't mind trying something new.

autobodyX

Reaction score
It would be strange for me to go to the track and not run but I do plan to at least drive over and support all who enter this event. I have not swithced back to my street set up yet and may still enter. Vir is a sweet track but I have been there so many times, and July is realy hot!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
How hot does it get there in July?

autobodyX

Reaction score
I do not want to debate high temps with anyone from the southwest, July is our hottest month here. I am a transplant from the mountains of NY state, July was just a few weeks of no ice fishing for me.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
It is all good mate. Not for debate, but rather to get an idea of the temps in that timeframe. Ours are mid 90-100's+ here.
We added oil coolers to combat the heat and high temps.

I really want to go there to VIR, and it will likely be around that timeframe. Just trying to get an idea of what to expect.

Miami_X

Reaction score
It is all good mate. Not for debate, but rather to get an idea of the temps in that timeframe. Ours are mid 90-100's+ here.
We added oil coolers to combat the heat and high temps.

I really want to go there to VIR, and it will likely be around that timeframe. Just trying to get an idea of what to expect.

VIR is such a beautiful and challenging track. For the world famous SoFla heat, I purchased a Coupe oil pan spacer (extra 1.5 qts of Mobil 1) and a Toyota oil cooler. I should be fine. Let's do this!

autobodyX

Reaction score
I expect temps to be in the mid 90's in the afternoon heat, mid 70's to start the day. On a hot day I ease off early on the straits and coast up to the braking zone if I not tryng to pass. Vir has 100 octane fuel for sale in the paddock. It was 6.50/ gal. last time. I ran the 93 oct and used 6 to 7 gal. each run (23 min. or so) it was 4.95/gal. trackside.

Clewis333

Reaction score
hmmmm.... seems like my plans for summit point have been blocked by the my lack of the driver mod. so i will most likely be attending VIR from 12-13. of course i won't have my x runner, but i hope to see a lot of youse guyse. learned alot from you guys last go round. i hope this experience isn't as "explosive" i recently bought a BMW E46 2001 M3 so i think i'll be fine

autobodyX

Reaction score
A E-36 m3 is a good track car, and a E-46 is even better. Make sure and check all the ball joints I have seen more than one of them wrecked at the track because of them failing.

Clewis333

Reaction score
jeez. the ball joints on the lower control arms? i hadn't heard of that issue. thanks for the heads up. are you planning on attending?

Top Bottom