Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

traction bar compatibility with lowering

bartkwan

Reaction score
Do either URD or cal tracs work well with either the xrc kit, sos, or djm kit? If there is a problem, what problems come up?

CBRBob

Reaction score
All those kits are is blocks so yes, go to your local auto parts store, buy some blocks and lower it. The URD bar is adjustable!

oxi

Reaction score
Do either URD or cal tracs work well with either the xrc kit, sos, or djm kit? If there is a problem, what problems come up?

I have the Calvert trac bars with a 3" drop block, it gets tight, I had to shave one of the springs a little and re-locate the upper shock mounts a few inches.

Also traction bars equals loss of ground clearance. Right now with stock tire sizes I am running about 2" of clearance under the rear mount of the trac bar and with race tires it drops to about 1 inch! It requires dicipline when driving like paying attention ahead all the time and watch steep driveways, speed bumps, road construction and some railroad tracks. But unless I have a flat I usually do not worry. I put on about 10,000 miles with them on this year with no issues.

Xample

Reaction score
i have sos kit and urd trac bar zero issues:top:

XR-2K7

Reaction score
is there any one with the urd trac bar, and djm 3/4 ?

46&2_X

Reaction score
Is anyone running Traction Bars and a Sitting Sic drop kit?

I would love to hear how well that works, and if there are any problems.

wshsbears

Reaction score
the TTC dual traction bars work with any drop kit no mods needed! even the DJM 3/4

i love mine! :rock:

46&2_X

Reaction score
the TTC dual traction bars work with any drop kit no mods needed! even the DJM 3/4

i love mine! :rock:

That's good to hear!

Now how much of difference do they make for autocrossing is my next question?

To be honest, I've only heard of traction bars on Drag Cars. Never on Track Cars (or Trucks heh).

It's been awile since I looked into them and how they help traction. Might they add defection to the inside/or outside wheels during hard cornering?

Or am I just thinking about this way too much?:argh:

PLCX

Reaction score
im down 3 inches in the back with the URD bar and no problems at all

Tapp

Reaction score
im running the SOS with the TTC traction bars..no issues!!:top:

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
I dont think you'll have any issues with the cal trac one also...

Top Bottom