Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tranny issues

xrfritz24

Reaction score
I just got my X back from the dealer with a warranty tranny replacement they said it would have cost me right around 4,000 dollars parts and labor. Just FYI mine all started with having problems getting it into gear, espically 1st and reverse, then it became hard to shift rev-4th, i first posted a thread about having the problems and alot of people said THEY HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, but they just throw it in to 3rd and then go back to first and it would work fine. (and this worked for me) but its just a idea that just because its good after that, doesnt mean that there isnt something wrong with your tranny and you might want to take it in now before your warranty expires or atleast get it documented that you brought it in complaining of tranny problems that way if your tranny does go out and they say its good you will have something to back you up after your warranty has expired. When i first took it in, they checked the fluid which was badly burnt and low, and replaced 2 syncros, they think my tranny was overheating. Just an idea if your having any problems at all, i would take it in and get it looked at.

rich017

Reaction score
It's is great that you got yours fixed under warranty. Very few have gotten the tranny or clutch replaced under warranty.

The thing is that so many of us have complained to the dealer and it is just like every other issue where they accuse us of racing or abuse to the truck and say that's the problem. Same thing with other issues. In my case they deny that something is wrong or either tell me that they cant fix it under warranty when something should.

If my tranny went, I would not be paying toyota 4K to put one in.

xrfritz24

Reaction score
that sucks, sounds like you guys need to take a trip up to my dealer then. screw spending 4k, clutches yea, its a wear item like brakes, however transmission are not and should be replaced. those transmissions can handle any power thats being applied to it by the s/c's and turbos that are out today.

It's is great that you got yours fixed under warranty. Very few have gotten the tranny or clutch replaced under warranty.

The thing is that so many of us have complained to the dealer and it is just like every other issue where they accuse us of racing or abuse to the truck and say that's the problem. Same thing with other issues. In my case they deny that something is wrong or either tell me that they cant fix it under warranty when something should.

If my tranny went, I would not be paying toyota 4K to put one in.

MusTrd

Reaction score
Quite the list of mods you have there, they didn't give you any problems at all?

xrfritz24

Reaction score
not one fight at all, the second time i brought it in they didnt even look at it, they just ordered the new tranny

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
man mine got strung out over like 6 months and even got toyota involved not just stealership, then they told toyota i take it to drag stip and some other bs, so i got screwed and they wouldnt cover anything! now i drive an hour away to a dealership in diffrent town!

xrfritz24

Reaction score
Yea that sucks, my dealer loves what i have done to the truck. There obsessed and always hook me up with **** so i guess im just really lucky.

man mine got strung out over like 6 months and even got toyota involved not just stealership, then they told toyota i take it to drag stip and some other bs, so i got screwed and they wouldnt cover anything! now i drive an hour away to a dealership in diffrent town!

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
the guys in the shop at the one here like mine too but the guy incharge of the warrenty stuff is kinda a **** and doesnt like that my toyota is alot nicer than his rav4, makes it worse that my truck had never been to another dealership! well till they screwed me!

Top Bottom