Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Trd Bbk Ftmfw

Grumpy

Reaction score
Just so there's no confusion on the terminology; disc brake use brake pad, and drum brake use brake shoe. Brake shoe is held on with only 4 little spring per wheel. Proper tool will unmount both shoes (2 per wheels)in less then 10 seconds. Whereas most brake pad ride in a little groove inside the caliper, some don't. Either case you have to unmount the caliper to install them. Some can be load throught the back via cotter pins w/o unmounting the caliper. Not exactly sure which one we have.

Either case, disc & drum is very easy to service.

Last edited:

XRLover25

Reaction score
I just don't agree... I have had drums and I have had disc. I hate drums, I don't have the tool and you have to adjust the tensioner too and worry about having to make sure the brake is tight again. Disc you just press the brake a few times and you are good. I can do disc in about less than five minutes per wheel. That is just fine for me. I believe that disc stops faster than drums too. That is what I think and that's what I'm staying with. 4 wheel disc is better, I don't know any ways that it isn't.

Norcal-XR

Reaction score
this would surely be one of my future mods, next to the charger.lol

Alexrunner

Reaction score
I definitly need these now, I had no idea that going S/C would have such an impact on the brakes. Where did you go to get em?

Gotjustin27

Reaction score
how much did you get it for total??

and did you install it yourself... cause toyota territory has them for cheaper. and i know the add the shopping cart link has problems you have to go around the site to get it in your shopping cart...

i was justtt looking at it.. i want it sooo bad :[

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
how much did you get it for total??

and did you install it yourself... cause toyota territory has them for cheaper. and i know the add the shopping cart link has problems you have to go around the site to get it in your shopping cart...

i was justtt looking at it.. i want it sooo bad :[

With all taxes, shipping, and toyota install(to maintain warranty) it came to about $2,430.

400 including tax for install.

Top Bottom