Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

trd push start button

would u like to have this in ur truck

• yes

Votes: 71 81.6%
  • no

Votes: 16 18.4%

• Total voters

Troskey

Reaction score
how did you teach urself not to park in gear??? That is my biggest problem with getting remote start.

i never park in gear for some reason...EVER...

my dad on the other hand is the reason i dont want a remote start...dude parks in gear EVERY SINGLE TIME!! :motz:

rexrunner

Reaction score
all you need is to use the key to put in the run position and then press teh button like in teh srt10 :top: this switch will only run the starter motor and thats it :rock:

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
May run into issues with this as the description plainly states it is *Only for vehicle equipped with smart entry system and start system :dontknow: Sounds like it would have to be hard wired to the ECU, if it is capable of handling the command. Where are you Master Tech ???
Yeah that is only for vehicles with the keyless smart key systems, if you look at all the models they list they are not sold in the U.S. the only ones sold here are certain models of Avalons, Camrys, Hybrid Camry, Hybrid Highlanders and Prius, they do list a Rav4 but I have not seens one of those in the U.S. either with smart key.

CBRBob

Reaction score
Sounds like a really sweet waste of $$

emo_X

Reaction score
look it was not intended to be for keyless operation but that would be nice and most of the jdm cars on there are not ether the trd tacoma is not and the s2000 both u can start with the key or button

but i will look at the wiring d and see when u turn the ign on if i can wire it to the switch and look at cars that have this option

do are trucks have immobilizers

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
i wouldnt mind one even if you had to use the key. just to not have to push the clutch all the way to the floor is what i want.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
yep...that is pretty sweet. I think it would add to the X. The Dodge viper truck had it....and I think its cool as hell! I would go for it if the price was right.

emo_X

Reaction score
i wouldnt mind one even if you had to use the key. just to not have to push the clutch all the way to the floor is what i want.

if u don't want to push in the clutch then try moving the sensor from the clutch i bet its like the brake light switch:top:

Alexrunner

Reaction score
if u don't want to push in the clutch then try moving the sensor from the clutch i bet its like the brake light switch:top:

i dont have to press the clutch to start my truck. but i dont kknow how they did it

XRYDER

Reaction score
It's a good idea to push your clutch in, it's easier on the truck. At least in colder weather it's noticable. My second gen supra could be started without the clutch but she fired up much easier when it was cold out. (with clutch in.)

Super Werty

Reaction score
I saw this thread today and I love the idea! I searched freakin everywhere and cant seem to find anyone seling them yet. I guess it is still too new:dontknow:

Reaction score
when I was driing the prius it had the push start. But it had a rectangle key you had to insert first before it would start.

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
when I was driing the prius it had the push start. But it had a rectangle key you had to insert first before it would start.
That's smart key, depending on what year, there should be a smart key button under the steering wheel on the lower dash cover that you can push and it will enable you to use the start push button with the key in your pocket (not in the slot)

Top Bottom