Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

trd push start button

would u like to have this in ur truck

• yes

Votes: 71 81.6%
  • no

Votes: 16 18.4%

• Total voters

CBRBob

Reaction score
Here ya go..........

thatwaseasy_en.jpg

Twisted Creations

Reaction score
Honestly I hope this works out for you, but after speaking wtih several Toyota Techs...There are too many things that can go wrong. Toyota is much more complicated than the average Honda. The imobilizer that is on these trucks may cause you some issues as well. The switch is also comprised of an intergrated circuit board that is designed to work with the smart start system. But good luck !!! :top:

Yallrun

Reaction score
i am on the south side (Webster, Clear Lake)did u go to the hooters meet

but yeah no problem

Ah ok, I live in bear creek. Na I didn't make the hooters meet, I was suppose to be there. In-laws had a bit of a crisis I had to take care of. :bird:

But yeah when you hook it up, PM me. I'll head to the south side. :top:

Thanks,

lucke

Reaction score
Honestly I hope this works out for you, but after speaking wtih several Toyota Techs...There are too many things that can go wrong. Toyota is much more complicated than the average Honda. The imobilizer that is on these trucks may cause you some issues as well. The switch is also comprised of an intergrated circuit board that is designed to work with the smart start system. But good luck !!! :top:
this is true, but most techs don't think about the simplicity of things like this. essentially you can rip out the circuit board and use the wires to connect to the ignition. whether or not the key has the immobilizer is irrelevant, because so do the S2000 and the Viper, as well as a lot of other cars that have a push button start (NOT the smart key, as that will not work in our trucks without HEAVY modification and thousands of dollars spent).

emo_X

Reaction score
this is true, but most techs don't think about the simplicity of things like this. essentially you can rip out the circuit board and use the wires to connect to the ignition. whether or not the key has the immobilizer is irrelevant, because so do the S2000 and the Viper, as well as a lot of other cars that have a push button start (NOT the smart key, as that will not work in our trucks without HEAVY modification and thousands of dollars spent).

i am a tech:top:

jmoore120

Reaction score
I would love to have the TRD push start installed in my X. Anyone ever figure out if there is a way to make it work?

X-roller

Reaction score
there seems to be some confusion here...

Push button: key must be inserted into ignition slot and turned to the II position before the button is pressed to "simulate" key being turned to the III, or cranking, position.
Keyless ignition: key is a control unit based on a proximity sensor which opens the doors and allows the ignition to be turned without having the key in the ignition slot.

hope that helps with the confusion.

This is how an s2000 is set up. They turn the key to the II position or "run" position.... and then they push a button. I was like this is a waste of an ignition when I got to drive his car a few times...

Top Bottom