TRD update

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by JiNsEiGaNaI, Aug 6, 2015.

1. JiNsEiGaNaI

JiNsEiGaNaI Active Member

So anyone knows exactly what is going on with TRD? Is there a confirmation*about not being able to get TRD products*anymore? Can anyone update or confirm?

2. Formidable

Formidable New Member

The TRD supercharger program for all models was discontinued this year. You can still get their products.

3. x-runner kid

x-runner kid Active Member

That sounds like a stupid idea. So now the trd supercharger makes the truck even more rare lol

4. Formidable

Formidable New Member

Toyota is not making any enthusiasts happy with that decision. Tree huggers / emissions regulations win.

5. shook

shook Active Member

YES !! I mean, that sucks !

6. Redline

Redline New Member

You can buy the TRD Intake (AFE) - TRD BBK (stoptech)

7. SgtBadA

SgtBadA Active Member

They are in the middle of uprooting their HQ to Plano Texas. Maybe once they get situated things will change. They are bringing out new engines

8. JiNsEiGaNaI

JiNsEiGaNaI Active Member

I know!!! Makes the trucks with TRD more valuable! Im rooting for TRD to be done too but i need one more thing first before they discontinue haha

9. shook

shook Active Member

Haha, nah, I was only joking. I hope TRD sticks around, sucks that they are ending their supercharger program. What else are you looking to get ?

10. thewarriordinghy

URD makes a good supercharger....

11. Toyota Tech

Toyota Tech New Member

TRD blowers are done. Thats all they have announced so far, but keep in mind TRD really didn't make very much... the trd blower is an eaton m90 blower same thing as a lot of the mustangs run with a different housing to fit our motors and a bit different gearing (I think the gearing is different?). TRD brake kits for our truck are stop tech relabeled the intake isn't even a TRD design it was also farmed out. They again really did not design many things they just slapped TRD logo's on some of the higher quality modifications in the aftermarket world.

We truly are better off if we can keep gadget busy with business for these trucks, gadget has done R&D that TRD NEVER DID at least for our trucks they didn't, yes they spent some time working on the the reflash of course but realistically I would bet gadget has more time under the hood than most of the TRD guys if not all especially since the founder of TRD (Jim Lanager) has been retired for years now...

This isn't meant to be a TRD bash - Im a huge fan. It's just not as big of a loss as some people think.

12. justin13703

justin13703 Active Member

100% agree with all of this. URDs products are top notch and gadget will go above and beyond to help you out even when Touota won't. Shit I've had my truck at the dealership before for 2 weeks at a time and those jokers couldn't figure out the problem, but a 5 minute phone call to Gadget and without even seeing the truck he correctly diagnosed it. Seriously, gadget knows more about Toyotas than Toyota does. And he definitely cares about his customers more than Toyota does.

13. SgtBadA

SgtBadA Active Member

i totally agree with the above statement. He does spend a lot of time doing R and D. So far every product I have gotten from him I have had no issues with it.

14. 30Birdy

30Birdy Member

I talked with a Magnuson rep at the Good Guys show in Scottsdale this past weekend. They will be updating their website very soon. They will be selling their kits which will include the fit kit, so it will be ordered based on engine/trans/yr combo. Kits are already in stock and will be the same as previous minus the TRD logo. Pricing will be released once website is updated. Toyota will still be able to do the ECU reflash.

15. Gadget

Gadget Well-Known Member

URD is a Warehouse Distributor for Magnuson and there is a pallet full of superchargers on the way to URD now.

We have the 3.4L, 4.5L, and 5.7L systems on the way. They may release the 4.0L systems around the 1st of the year.

They do not have tuning available for the 5.7 and 4.0L kits. URD will have the UCON ready very soon for all years of the 1GR so I am trying to get a pre-release batch of the 4.0L systems so we will see on that.

G

16. lamia2super

lamia2super Member

im selling my trd supercharger