Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TRD vs URD

hiflyer

Reaction score
Werty's URD MK3 kit is in Calgary now. It belongs to Hiflyer who will have it installed in his double cab. :canada:

Yeppers and given that my X has DS's old trd setup I can do a comparison video pretty easily showing two pretty well known setups.

Should be done when I get back from holidays next week or so. Last I checked the valve body was sent to IPT to be upgraded.

Fun times for sure.

hiflyer

Reaction score

Gadget

Reaction score
I had a front row seat for a URD MK3 walking on a TRD at X-Fest Pigeon Forge.

That was the Mk2 Prototype.

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=30022&highlight=accel+video+thread Maybe some more of the URD guys in here can finally participate in this thread?

You may be missing a pretty large component of that kit hiflyer. :laugh:

DO NOT UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE NOSSSSS

Maybe you can post up your dyno and track times.

Last edited:

justin13703

Reaction score

B2212724-BFCC-4638-8B41-2157F1598A0D.png

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
That was the Mk2 Prototype.

There are dyno graphs floating around (what ever they are worth).

Not trying to be a dick but I can play the same game - why haven't you posted up any accel videos all these years? Furthermore there are a lot of URD guys that havent.... :laugh:

I suspect by now you and many of your URD customers are faster then you were 3-4 years ago right (since my last time)? Whats the hold up? There should be way more fresh people in the top 5 of that list.

A time / distance based calculation is what the drag strips use after all. :top:

Not much of a difference from a roll other then removing a majority of driver error and hook-up issues.

Everyone knows 1/4 mile times are majorly dependent on the vehicles ability to get off the line - roll timing removes that variable.

Werty's truck was fast in the 1/4 due to his traction, hed get smoked from a roll due to power to weight ratio - thats my point.

A 1/4 mile time ultimately isn't the best representation of power to weight ratio on a RWD street setup, in fact its about 30% 60 foot time alone.

TRD released their one and only compressor that they sold for the 1GR and i think it has held up pretty well over all these years.

Hahahaha. No doubt DS. No doubt. But that'd be cheating.

Maybe if I were to build an engine I'd try nos + urd's setup in my automatic

Cheating smeating, nitrous is just as much as a power adder - its just chemically induced instead of mechanically forced.

:laugh:

Last edited:

justin13703

Reaction score
1/4 mile times are a better representation of driver skill, power, and how the vehicle is set up over all. 40-90 vids are fun and all but all you're doing is matting it and slamming 1 gear.

And I believe about 2 months ago gadget put up the fastest time slip on here?

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Thats EXACTLY the point of the acceleration video thread - how fast does just the truck & its mods move from A to B with an attempt to minimize extreme outside influences.

Not dependent as much on the the driver, tires, track prep, 60 foot times, and every other major and minor variable you can throw into the mix.

A to B in X time simplified - put simply what can just the truck do compared to another?

If I still had my truck I would have worked towards achieving a fastest 1/4 mile slip; you can quite easily extrapolate the 40-90 or 60-100 times into an estimated/corrected 1/4 mile under specific conditions if you really wanted to as its a direct representation of REAL WHP.

I am sure Gadgets truck is fast, no doubt about it - I am sure its faster then it has ever been given the time that has passed.

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed. Need MOAR URD Acceleration vids! For the sake of fun people. C'mon. I think there are more turbo accel vids.....

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I will do an mk3 vid when I get it and install:top:

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Once I get my stage 2 pulley on mine I'll get another vid up as well.

hiflyer

Reaction score
how's this:

ill do video of my dubcab 4x4 with mk3 with the c38-91 blower & full exhaust vs my X's trd with 2.7 (with DTLT's, stock y and 3" catback) shortly. maybe 2 weeks max - still waiting on valve body to arrive

exact same time, exact same place, exact same gas, etc

can do from dig and say 40-90. nothing extreme

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Awesome! DO IT UP everyone! It sounds like the No. 1 spot is available :-D.

how's this:

ill do video of my dubcab 4x4 with mk3 with the c38-91 blower & full exhaust vs my X's trd with 2.7 (with DTLT's, stock y and 3" catback) shortly. maybe 2 weeks max - still waiting on valve body to arrive

exact same time, exact same place, exact same gas, etc

can do from dig and say 40-90. nothing extreme

60-100 is only 10 more MPH @_@.

Do both if you can!

Kind of a weight bias though, dont forget the nawz.

Last edited:

justin13703

Reaction score
I would do one if I didn't take the s/c off so I could sell the truck lol. I always wanted to do one after I got the c38, just never got around to it. Actually I made a couple but didn't post them because you couldn't see the speedo. My driving/shifting/filming skills weren't the greatest lol

Top Bottom