Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tried to change trans fluid and found this....

bluXkid

Reaction score
IMG_20160522_140454626.jpg

IMG_20160522_140506463.jpg

Trans fluid splattered everywhere. Wtf. Coming from rear seal????

Gadget

Reaction score
Common problem. Replace the rear seal. Very simple.

Remove the propeller shaft, remove the dust shield, yank out the seal, install the new one, reassemble.

G

Redlantern

Reaction score
Get an oem one. They've updated the part since the one that came with the truck was poop. Very simple to change.

Gadget

Reaction score
The Toyota store is a great place to get parts for your Toyota.

bluXkid

Reaction score
The Toyota store is a great place to get parts for your Toyota.

Lmao touche'

Just a quick note, the only reason I was trying to get the seal today is cuz I have work to get to tomorrow and toyota isn't open sundays. For the record, none of the local parts stores had the correct seal for an XRunner. Orielys said they had one for it, get the truck disassembled to find the OD is bigger on the new one. None of the other stores even showed the Tacoma with a 6spd trans

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Lmao touche'

Just a quick note, the only reason I was trying to get the seal today is cuz I have work to get to tomorrow and toyota isn't open sundays. For the record, none of the local parts stores had the correct seal for an XRunner. Orielys said they had one for it, get the truck disassembled to find the OD is bigger on the new one. None of the other stores even showed the Tacoma with a 6spd trans

Exact same thing happened to me, except I got mine from Toyota, and it was still wrong. :thumbdown:

x-runner kid

Reaction score
Had the same thing happen to me ended up driving halfway across the state to get the correct one. Then the correct one shows up on my door the next day. So I now have a spare.

bluXkid

Reaction score
So everyone is aware, this seal is on backorder from toyota. :thumbdown:

bluXkid

Reaction score
Finally got the seal from toyota. I don't know what I did wrong but imitation still leaking out my new MT-90. Maybe its cuz I know its leaking but it feels like my trans ia struggling.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
100 % certain that the fluid level is full?

Top Bottom