Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Truck bed, off center??? Toyota employees help?

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Ask and you shall receive :top: coming momentarily...

Venomous_X

Reaction score
SANY0252.jpg
Look here at the body line between the cab and the bed, notice how the bed seems to be over hanging past the cab? well on the opposite side, it is hanging inside....

SANY0246.jpg
Notice on the passenger side, the body line appears recessed? :thumpdown:

SANY0264.jpg
Heres a better pic of the recession....It appears to be a simple fix, thankfully I got a good friend who likes beer and has tools....Thanks damofo! :top: :adore:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
homey those pics dont do it justice, it looks alot worse in person, and the tape measure doesnt help LOL...its just a nasty peeve I suppose, but Im gonna fix it.

InkedRunner

Reaction score
homey those pics dont do it justice, it looks alot worse in person, and the tape measure doesnt help LOL...its just a nasty peeve I suppose, but Im gonna fix it.

I am sure that I would want to fix it too. I was just tryin to make u feel better.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
making me feel better is buying me a S/C or whatever you just bought LOL....

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
Mine's a little off, you can just loosen the tork bolts inside the bed and shift it over a little. or the dealership can fix it under warranty 3 years 36K miles.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
haha, sweet deal bro...Im proud of you, This is my first truck Ive ever thought about modding, so I really plan on eventually going all out on this bad boy :top:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Mine's a little off, you can just loosen the tork bolts inside the bed and shift it over a little.

Yeah, thats my goal this weekend, Im kind of anal retensive about Lucille so if I find a bobo on her, I gotta get it fixed! :biggrin:

Murderface

Reaction score
bed is fixed! took about 10 min and a little shove on the driver side of the bed near cab. you only have to loosen the T55 torx bolts and not the 2 little ones by the tailgate with the d rings. i don't know why i didn't try this sooner and why they let it leave the factory like that? there was no issues with it throwing anything else off after moving the bed! now i only have to worry about getting my clutch peddle TSB fixed, cracked rear fender TSB, and the damn dash TSB(under the foglite switch)

Venomous_X

Reaction score
agreed, mines done as well, now I just need to wash the ole B....:top: Such an easy fix kiddies, anyone needing to straighten their bed just needs a t55torx bit and a ratchet :) total of 7 bolts, just loosen and shift the bed where you want it!!! CAKE!!! :rockon:

Top Bottom