Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Truck running rich

asianized

Reaction score
like title says, my truck is running rich after I changed my clutch, flywheel, and tob. Mods on truck are Trd first gen intake, dtlt headers, straight pipe exhaust with a borla muffler, maf cal tuned for my intake and headers. Truck is also throwing code p00420, which it did b4 every once in awhile but now it does it every time I start my truck. I know the O2 sim will get rid of that code but will the O2 sim help my truck from running rich?

Clutch is a competition clutch stage 2, lightweight flywheel from competition clutch and Urd tob sleeve kit

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a feeling that your rear O2 harness plugs are connected to the wrong sides. Try swapping them. Also make sure that the front plugs are on the proper bank.

SgtBadA

Reaction score
My truck runs lean after all my upgrades. I could tell because the rear O2 sensors were white as snow. I think a maf cal is in my near future or the UCON EMS

TRON

Reaction score
I have a feeling that your rear O2 harness plugs are connected to the wrong sides. Try swapping them. Also make sure that the front plugs are on the proper bank.

I agree; they can very easily be swapped after dropping a transmission... red tape should be on the passenger side

asianized

Reaction score
Yea, sorry, checked underneath, everything was plugged in correctly so i disconnected the battery again tp reset the ecu, seems to run better now, picking up the o2 sim next month to get rid of the check engine light due to my deleted cats.......thankx again guys!!!

Top Bottom