Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Trying to fix ground effects

2005runner

Reaction score
I got a black 05 runner. All the clips on the side skirts are broke bought new clips now what do I do from here....remove ?????? Insert clips where???? Is it an easy fix

Murderface

Reaction score
As long as the holes that the clips pop into to lock the two pieces together aren't worn out ur ok. If they're worn out ur best bet is to use zip ties to hold everything together. If the little bracket pieces are broken off then you'll need to use some plasti weld to reattach them to the ground effects. Been there done that and fixed them all the way I described above

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Yep, what he said. If all the mounting points are good. New clips should press right in. If anything is actually broke its time for some zip ties and JB weld.

Roby124

Reaction score
I tried doing the zipties but it doesnt look flush. theres like a little gap? is it always gonna be like that with the zip ties?

2005runner

Reaction score
Is it hard to do the zipties causr the clips dont stay in the track under the rocker.....what size zipties do I use.......do I remove the track underneath...what is the easy way to do this

Murderface

Reaction score
I had no issues getting mine tite with no gap. ^^^u just need to find a spot on the track that's attached to the truck to fish the zip tie thru and then find a spot on the ground effect. Jack the truck up, put jack stands under the truck and get to zipping and make sure the zip ties are tite!

redarkx

Reaction score
I have 1/4 inch holding most of my body kit on.

donovanbedwell

Reaction score
i had to zip tie my side skirts because the holes were broken. the side skirt actaully broke off.

X-Caliber

Reaction score
Mine are JB welded. Nearly all the clips and the retaining loop on the skirt itselves are mostly broke off.

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
Got JB WELD and Zip Ties holding on one of my pieces, managed to get it fairly flush.

roy365

Reaction score
My passenger side has some broke. Looked like they are broke right next to the ground effects. Barely a stub sticking out. I will have to try this method I guess. Every time my daughter gets out I cringe because she brushes up against the skirt.

donovanbedwell

Reaction score
My passenger side has some broke. Looked like they are broke right next to the ground effects. Barely a stub sticking out. I will have to try this method I guess. Every time my daughter gets out I cringe because she brushes up against the skirt.
LOL i have felt your pain! just take twenty minutes to zip tie/JB weld it one day. it has held up very well for me.

Top Bottom