TSB: 4.0 Engine Tick '05-'06

Discussion in 'TSBs' started by Stevenredx, May 16, 2007.

1. Stevenredx

Stevenredx New Member

Here's the 4.0 Engine tick TSB. :top:

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      90.4 KB
      Views:
    #1 Stevenredx, May 16, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  2. edinha

edinha New Member

Thanks, i am going to print this out and take it to the Dealership and slap them with it!!!

3. Stevenredx

Stevenredx New Member

Also, just something to keep in mind if you have this tsb done. There is a bracket on each side of the transmission that goes to the manifold (its called the manifold stay.) My dealership failed to bolt them to the new manifolds so a couple of months later i started getting a bad rattle and went under the truck to notice that the bolts that holds the bracket to the tranny had came loose causing my awful rattle. The funny thing is just a month before finding them loose i had taken it in to get the rattle checked. They couldn't find anything wrong, go figure.

4. rx-runner

rx-runner New Member

i was wondering do they fix it without you telling them, or do you have to tell them?

5. Stevenredx

Stevenredx New Member

Your gonna have to atleast complain about the ticking and then maybe remind them of the TSB :top:

6. xxCLMxx

xxCLMxx New Member

My 07 has the tick, I wonder if mine is covered?

7. Stevenredx

Stevenredx New Member

I don't think so, the tsb says 05-06

8. Alexrunner

Alexrunner New Member

what are you guys talking about? Im not mechanically saavy, so what does tbs mean, and what tick are you hearing?

9. SupraJunky101

SupraJunky101 New Member

TSB, Technical Service bulletin

Alot of the XR's have nasty ticking noise, some people say its the injectors firing. Some think its something else. Mine comes and goes

10. Strangerthanlife

Strangerthanlife New Member

Below is a quote from the first of the TBS... so 2007 should have the new exhaust manifolds....
    :hmmmm2:
    "Some customers may experience a ticking or tapping–type noise from the engine area at 2000 – 2500 rpm during acceleration that is most oticeable after a cold soak. New exhaust manifolds have been developed to minimize this condition."​

11. Alexrunner

Alexrunner New Member

i have an 05, but i hear no tick...should/can i get it replaced anyways?

12. xrunner5-0

xrunner5-0 New Member

Clicking

Is the noise that kinda sounds like a tapping valve? Because I had that since day 1. Just thought it was normal.

13. Stevenredx

Stevenredx New Member

My 3000gt had the same noise and it was from the lifters and injectors. My x had it the day i got it but i considered it to be normal. I had the TSB done for the hell of it and i hear no difference with the new manifolds, still ticks.

14. trd_sport

trd_sport Active Member

hmm so its 96 months or 80kmiles for it to be covered under the emissions warrranty. You think they would let us keep the stock manifolds on there now? I experience a bit of a ticking sound mostly only notice it at idle and thought it was normal? What exactly do the upgraded manifolds have that the others don't?

15. FuCt

FuCt New Member

Mine had the sewing machine sound happening, i bitched about it for a few months before they swapped out my manifolds. NO CHANGE in sound whatsoever.....havnt bitched anymore, runs fine. Hate the service i get from my dealer. THeres still unresolved issues since delivery and its been a yr and 2 mnths. Ive lost hope, have to fix it al myself someday.

16. K2

K2 Administrator
    Staff Member

I had heard the same thing Fuct --- that changing the manifolds didn't really do anything. I've just come to appreciate the fact that I have a hawt looking truck that sounds like it's about to fall apart. :biggrin:

17. FuCt

FuCt New Member

COuldnt of put it better myself. With the subs up and the engine revvin it sounds great!

18. i_ski

i_ski New Member

sounds like a great way to get some new catalitic converters at oh say 79,000 miles ;)

19. X-Rizzo

X-Rizzo New Member

Well if you don't notice any sort of difference, maybe it's a different type of ticking the TSB is directed towards.:dontknow:

20. Twisted Creations

Twisted Creations New Member

get headers, absolutelty no tick there :top: