Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TSB: Deck Side Panel Rattle '05-'07

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
Here ya go, the new TSB #NV007-07 is coming out July 2, 2007 for the deck side panel rattle (cracking) it is covering 05 to 07 X-Runner models and is covered 3 years or 36,000 miles, for the ones that are cracked the body bed sides will be replaced along with the quarter panel wheel opening with molding opening and the ones that are not cracked yet get a new reinforcement panel to keep the panels from cracking and to stiffen up the lower bed body panel as to keep them from flexing so much.
progress.gif

SEE POST #10 FOR ACTUAL TSB

TheArkansas"X"

Reaction score
thanks Jim good to hear Toyota is going to do something about the beds but why is it only 3 36 not 5 years like all other body problems. And if i read it right they are replacing the finder flare and the groung effects on the bedsides to right??

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
thanks Jim good to hear Toyota is going to do something about the beds but why is it only 3 36 not 5 years like all other body problems. And if i read it right they are replacing the finder flare and the groung effects on the bedsides to right??
I was surprised they only covered it 3-36 but I think that if a factory rep at the dealership looks at them in person I think they may cover it a little longer especially if the truck has been taken well care of also it depends on the dealership and there goodwill privileges, you are right they are replacing the bed sides, flares and the ground effects in front of the rear tires, Believe me you won't have a problem getting yours replaced

Snaps

Reaction score
Man am I excited, I have been waiting for this for months now and I am at about 32,000. thanks for this update, hopefully I can get it done sometime this week.

Matt's06

Reaction score
Any way someone can get this in PDF? My dealer here does not have access to US spec vehicle TSBs

Snaps

Reaction score
Ok so I took the truck in on Tuesday with high expectations of new bedsides and all that...

They ended up designing a brace that goes up on that corner and bolts on to your existing cracked bedside. They spray some sort of anti rust coating on your bedside where it is already cracked, then they replace the body kit section going over the rear tires and the side skirt in front of the rear tires. My main concern is I am almost out of warranty and I think it my start cracking on the outside of this brace they put in. If they give me a copy of the pdf when I go in this next week I will scan it and upload it here. I guess I should have went in and raised hell before they worked this out, oh well.

Matt's06

Reaction score
here are the first 6 pages. The rest are in the next post.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 799
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 465
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 575
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 499
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 476
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 496
Last edited:

Matt's06

Reaction score
and the rest....

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 368
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 407
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 355
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 344
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 356
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 333

Twisted Creations

Reaction score
they ordered my parts today, just made it with 35,935 miles on the truck. my dealership was nice enough to say they would have honored it anyway. couldn't understand why Toyota was limiting this to the 36k anyway. :top:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
they ordered my parts today, just made it with 35,935 miles on the truck. my dealership was nice enough to say they would have honored it anyway. couldn't understand why Toyota was limiting this to the 36k anyway. :top:

Your telling me.. here i am with 42k so im just sol :motz: :motz:

songiuno

Reaction score
What does the # designate in the TSB VIN above?
I'm wondering the same thing. What exactly is the production change effective VIN, or rather, how do I read the VIN to know if it's pre- or post-production change?

Spyder327

Reaction score
My VIN is: 5TETU22N37Z436874 - Does this affect me?

If i recall how to read it correctly, than it doesn't affect you.

From what i remember, everything must match exactly to the "production change VIN" until you get to the last six numbers. Your last six must be lower than the VIN on that TSB.

I.E.: Think of the last as numbers. So if the sample is 500000, 499999 or any lower number will be affected. Anything higher will not be affected.

the "#" symbol in the VIN means that anything can be in that position on the VIN

Twisted Creations

Reaction score
Your telling me.. here i am with 42k so im just sol :motz: :motz:
:eviltongue: SOL:eviltongue: I think if your truck qualifies (VIN wise) you could raise enough stink to get them to take care of it. Just threaten to fart in the showroom Steven that should be enough stink :laugh: J/K They told me I was their first to bring it in for that, but hey they only sold 3 X's.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
:eviltongue: SOL:eviltongue: I think if your truck qualifies (VIN wise) you could raise enough stink to get them to take care of it. Just threaten to fart in the showroom Steven that should be enough stink :laugh: J/K They told me I was their first to bring it in for that, but hey they only sold 3 X's.

You took yours to the toyota dealership in statesville, right? I will check to see if mine have cracked and if so i will take it to them to bitch, since they know about the tsb now :top:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like I've got to have mine done. Just checked my VIN and it's 6Z###### --- dammit. :thumpdown:

Top Bottom