TSB ???s

Discussion in 'TSBs' started by JiNsEiGaNaI, Sep 14, 2011.

1. JiNsEiGaNaI

JiNsEiGaNaI Active Member

whats the deal with TSBs n e way? when i went there, they said the TSB is only for cars under warranty???

2. TahoesHateMe

TahoesHateMe New Member

TSB are repair updates for a paticular problem be it an updated part or something that needs to be known. There not a recall or automatic repair unless your having the problem there about. They can be done at anytime but if you are out of the warranty coverage time or mileage its not a free repair.

Example the TSB for the throw out bearing to replace it, arm, and slave cylinder if your having the noise when there bad is covered 6yrs or 60k miles under the drive train warranty. It can still be done afterwards but you have to pay for it.

3. AFP520

AFP520 New Member

I just got around to reading about this and it's pretty sh*tty. Of course nobody from Toyota would ever notify owners about replacing the garbage parts that went into the truck in the first place before the warranty expired :argh:

4. Large

Large New Member

Thread revival but any dealer can perform TSBs even if out of warranty free of charge at their discretion.

5. JiNsEiGaNaI

JiNsEiGaNaI Active Member

Thanks, im sure this will help EVERYONE!!! but chime in anyone that has heard or told differently

6. Murderface

Murderface New Member

In NJ they won't touch ur truck with any mods on it. When I brought mine in it had headers and a catback and they told me to pound sand. Best part was I told them what I had on the truck ahead of time and they told me to bring it in and then didn't even want to touch it once they had it, total waste of a day

7. TahoesHateMe

TahoesHateMe New Member

I know for the more important issues VW will issue Required Vehicle Udate and we treat it like a recall. As you can see from Toyota history and why I left after 1 year there warranty department is some cheap mother fers.

8. asianized

asianized Member

Just curious what servco u went to?