Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TTC Stage 2 cams and valve springs

sbx595

Reaction score
TTC Performance Stage 2 cams with a set of high seat pressure valve springs. They were in my truck around 1000 miles (that's how many miles I put on it in a year). The sound wasn't extremely obvious at idle, till I took them out and then I missed them alot! They have significantly more rumble, and sound nice at wot. Riding in a stock truck then getting in mine the power felt more kick in the pants, and feels especially nice when you drop a gear and push the pedal into the carpet, the torque was awesome. Install is pretty simple, not a wholeeee lot more involved than cam gears, just need to be careful and very patient. I have the full set of high pressure valve springs required for them that are included, I also have a handful of extra valve buckets of various sizes I got as extras and didn't need for my install but the next truck may need them, I'll include. They're a special order only part so it may save you some time if they're needed sizes. These cams are a real work of art and Eric at TTC is very helpful, if you need something he always gets back to you same day.

Buying direct they're $1600, plus $400 for springs (required), plus $350 for the cores (which you wouldn't lose buying privately). Shims were $240 for toyota.

I want 1250$ for these to move them out, the weather turned cold quick and I'm stuck with a couple broken windows in my new "project" house I need to fix before there's snow in my bedroom!

0520011754.jpg

0520011754a.jpg

sbx595

Reaction score
any interest, offers, talking, nothing at all...

Bang Bang

Reaction score
so there was no issues with them? Were you running cam gears or x1 along with these. Wouldnt mind having a set but the timing is not so well. Just moved into a new place.

sbx595

Reaction score
There was no issues, these are the most valuable part I had on my truck and I need money for the house I bought this summer so they're the first thing to go. I ran stock cam gears, no x1, just the maf cal as my tuner, not the most effective tuning method but at least I had a little control over things. An X1 would be the ultimate partner for these, but they run completely fine without it and see a greatttt torque increase! Let's talk, PM me if you would like.

X-roller

Reaction score
these cams would be perfect for my boost set up. :) I just don't think they could handle it though. They are reground cams which makes them weaker if I remember correctly... :( I'm guessing these are the stage 2 n/a ones as well.

sbx595

Reaction score
They are the stage 2 n/a but the way Eric makes it sound is they are very similar to the s/c ones and can be run in either application. Shoot Eric an email about how they make them, when I talked to him last they had a set in a fully built race car overseas with phemonenal results. Maybe we can make a deal that would justify you giving them a try :)

X-roller

Reaction score
maybe so. :) PM me and we can figure it out.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
If they are meant for N/A or S/C, then in most cases that means that they have overlap between the intake and exhaust. Excellent for N/A and S/C for a number of reasons, but bad for a turbo only setup. Due to a pressurized exhaust, that pressure will cause exhaust gases to be pushed back into the cylinders. Not good for performance at all. Can cause severe knock problems.

However, the EPA might like that because the exhaust is getting burnt twice, so extra clean. Lol

Reaction score
Thanks guys will post the sound clip as soon as I finish, just need to add a third muffler the apr "y" pipe is loud makes power and evens out the sound like WRX boxer motor, my wife doesn`t like it I have to install lots of RAAMAT specially in the back of the cabin.
Cheers!

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Cingrats on the buy man... wouldnt mind seein that xr of yours...

Reaction score
Sure thing we can meet at SIR PIZZA they have car shows every month here in Kendall pizza beer and 0-w30 synthetic best mix

Top Bottom