Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo vs TRD S/C

Turbo vs TRD S/C

• STS TURBO

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • TRD SUPERCHARGER

Votes: 65 86.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
How long is pretty subjective to more then a few things so there is no real way to definitively give you an answer like: A 10 lb bottle lasts x amount of time.

Most of your deciding variables are:

- Bottle size (and how full - overfull or underfull) For example: Do you have 11 lbs or 9 lbs in your 10 lb bottle.
- Usage technique (purging, cracking lines open, etc..),
- how long the run is (how long do you spend at WOT)
- how much gaseous nitrous is wasted (you want to keep it in liquid form and you lose some via expansion which is dependent on a couple things)
- rpm range you are spraying in (are you spraying over 1K, 2K, 3K RPMs per gear?)
- how many gears you are spraying in (2nd? 3rd? 4th? 5th?)
- How consistant is bottle pressure? (pressure drops as you discharge the cylinder which = less nitrous delivery). Use a heater, or a pressure assistance system (like external nitrogen assist systems), or both and you will be more consistent but use more then you would with out it.
- Etc... You get the variable point by now

But to break it down I would say average street use on a 5 lb bottle on a 35-50 shot you will get about 25-30 all out runs (2nd,3rd, 4th gear highway pulls over a usable wide RPM range).

How much does nitrous cost per pound? Around 2-3 bucks (depending on who you buy it from obviously).

:biggrin::top:

well that dosn't seem that expensive at all than. i had no idea but was thinking it might be a 1 bottle =
1 shot kinda deal

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
well that dosn't seem that expensive at all than. i had no idea but was thinking it might be a 1 bottle =
1 shot kinda deal

It really isn't.

You use it when you are racing to give you the edge or just want to have some extra fun.

When the system is off you maintain a reliable lower boost level for DD application fun. You can have a 350 HP truck and a 450 HP truck at the flip of a switch.

Once the "new fun factor" wears off you will find yourself not really going through a ton of it that quickly.

madtrucker

Reaction score
Man he just loves that N2O. That stuff scares me. It seems tricky. And if you don't get it just right kaboom!

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Man he just loves that N2O. That stuff scares me. It seems tricky. And if you don't get it just right kaboom!

For a damn good reason, it rapes!

Same can be said about boost :-D, doesn't take much detonation or stupidity in your setup and boom.

Comes down to not being an idiot for the most part and think things through.

Small quantity nitrous systems are of the least risk to novice users.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Turbo with nos. 450hp vehicle and 550hp with the flip of a switch. :'O

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well you did make the poll between an STS Turbo kit versus a TRD s/c.

Apparently enough members know the proper choice there. The few that did vote for the turbo, probably did so for turbo in general snd not necessarily the STS one.

SIK X

Reaction score
Yea you should have... thats why i just stayed out of it. i even voted for the supercharger over STS.. lol And Im a Turbo guy with a Turbo truck.

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
Yea you should have... thats why i just stayed out of it. i even voted for the supercharger over STS.. lol And Im a Turbo guy with a Turbo truck.

Dude i love the intercooler in your grill,looks sik as fu*k :top:

kcidmil

Reaction score
I've known a few people to run the STS and they ended up with oil problems for the turbo. Besides how can you pass up the sound of that blower whine.

justin13703

Reaction score
Not much...lol

Smallest pulley on it, larger 7th inj. ....you might break 350, but that is a very peaky set up. Really nothing happens below 3,500-4k. :laugh:

I know this is a post from like 3 weeks ago lol but my mk1 will break the tires loose and throw the truck sideways at 3k in 2nd. But then again I have a c38 supercharger with a 75mm pulley and a 1000cc 7th lol. I'm at about 6 pounds by 4k. 9 at redline

Top Bottom