Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turtle Wax Headlight Restorer Kit

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Most know that i had the 2nd gen LS projector kit but broke a lock ring and wasn't able to get a replacement so i sold the entire headlight setup. The replacement headlights i recieved were pretty weather worn and had seen better days on the clear lenses. So i just recently purchased the exact same projector setup i had from LS but with extra lock rings. I installed them a few days ago and thought that the projector setup didn't look good at all with the condition of the clear lenses so i went to wal mart and got a turtle wax headlight restorer kit for $9 and the pics show before and after which i must say that i am very pleased with the outcome :biggrin:. So if anyone else wants to bring out the beauty of there headlights again then get this kit. And i know my truck is really dirty....i havent washed it since june :thumbdown:

Driver Before

DSC01172.jpg

Driver After

DSC01174.jpg

Passenger Before

DSC01173.jpg

Passenger After

DSC01175.jpg

With my halos on

DSC01177.jpg

DSC01176.jpg

Last edited:

PiNkY

Reaction score
Lookin good man. I just did the same with the maguires kit.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
VaBchXRunner said:
does this kit have the drill buffer?

It came with 3 double sided pads with different sand grit...first pad stage 1 (both sides), second pad is stage 2 (both sides), third pad is stage 3 on one side and stage 4 on the other. Also came with lubricating spray while sanding, rubbing compound for after sanding and a lens sealing wipe. It took about 10 minutes to do.

RRCanuck

Reaction score
What a difference. That shit really does work. Haha. Looks good man.

rich017

Reaction score
Any of the kit's that use a sand paper type material work. Permatex makes a nice kit too.

blu xr

Reaction score
wow that looks better then i thought....how long did it take to do?

headlights on my supra look hazy and i thought about doing this.

navynuke

Reaction score
did my car, they looked way better than before, but then I replaced one after it got damaged, and even with the restore time, they were no where near the same...............

adamewwy

Reaction score
damn that stuff actually does work. I've thought about buying one of those kits before but have heard they don't work good. My lenses are a little hazy and you can tell with the HID kit at night they don't shine as clear as they could. I'm mos def gonnna pick up a kit in the morning and try it out.

Anybody have any suggestions to which brand kit works thes best?

XRUNX

Reaction score
you dont need a kit if you know what your doing, but anything with instructions will always be the best bet.
Def going o the to-do list

Edgeman

Reaction score
That looks incredible! I have some "hazing" on the clear plastic headlight lenses, and I purchased the Meguire's Headlight Restoration Kit last week when it was on sale. Hope it comes out as nice as your headlights!

NODRULN

Reaction score
I never trusted this stuff. I'm sure it would look good for a bit but after a few weeks or months it will wear off. The best thing I do is sand. Them down and re clearcoat them. I used to sand and use some compound and polish them but just wore off again.

Top Bottom