Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UCON EMS problems

easts1d3

Reaction score
Very odd considering he has made 4 posts and all of which are on this thread...

justin13703

Reaction score
I love when people post that they have a problem, the guy with the answer says, hey call me I have an answer for you, and the poster then gets an attitude that he has to call someone to get an answer to his problem.

Bulldogger

Reaction score
I wouldn't sweat it he seems like he will get to it when he's ready:top:

GrumpyOldMan

Reaction score
I have to agree that it IS kind of odd to post on multiple forums without calling they guy that makes and sells the kit for support first...

Kinda like calling the newspaper to tell them what your commander did when not even your squad leader has been talked to about it! (chain of command!!)

Now had Gadget been given the opportunity to fix it and he still wasn't happy (which would be a rare occasion as we all know he's a stand-up guy) that'd be a different story...

Dave in Afghanistan

Bang Bang

Reaction score
will not running vs running the ucon with the supplied t-state make that much of a difference? I have the UCON with gears installed but have not put in the t-state yet. Is this no bueno?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
You need to install the t-stat. The calibration files are designed to work with both of those components installed. They let the engine run "cooler" than it would without the pair. Those cooler temps allow for tuning to be more advanced than stock.

So effectively you are running a tune without a necessary component to run that tune. Not the wisest choice.

Gadget

Reaction score
Folks, the UCON kit is supplied as a bundle of performance components all designed to work together and is intended to be installed together.

It is like installing one of our supercharger kits and decide not to install a critical component like the upgraded fuel pump. It is just not going to work as designed and bad things can happen.

You can install the gears and thermostat and then do the UCON later, but not the other way around.

A friend of mine bought an X-1 kit from me a while back. He only installed the X-1 and not the entire kit in his supercharged Tacoma. He went for his full throttle test drive and ended up getting towed to the dealer to have a new engine installed. Luckily I got him hooked up with a guy I know and he got his stuff covered under warranty, but he was stupid and blew his stuff right up.

Anything worth doing is worth doing right. If you are not going to do it right, go buy a unichip.

G

Top Bottom