Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Un locking and locking door's with key fob

Nashman

Reaction score
I was wondering if could make my horn toot every time I locked my doors is this possible ???

shane881510

Reaction score
I want mine to beep also when I lock and unlock my doors .

MiamiChillin

Reaction score
Yeaaa I want mine to beep when I lock her. Im paranoid of leaving my truck unlocked. The beep is so reassuring lol.

Coupe

Reaction score
I believe that trucks that were sold in the Gulf coast area had an alarm put on them. Part of this alarm has a red led/button to the left of the steering column. I can not remember if the light is on or off that makes the horn chirp.

I will see if I can find out.

In this pic you can see the red light/button, just right of the mirror controls.

Tom2769

Reaction score
Coupe, I'm loving those perforated leather seats - custom I assume? And what about that steering wheel cover? Please tell me that's not custom & tell me what brand it is...

MplsX

Reaction score
I have the VIP alarm on mine. I had to program it so the horn would NOT honk. Didn't want to disturb the neighbors when I leave for work very early in the morning. I can see the marker lights flash so I know that the doors are locked and the alarm is set. I never use the key in the door since it's blocked off.

Coupe

Reaction score
Coupe, I'm loving those perforated leather seats - custom I assume? And what about that steering wheel cover? Please tell me that's not custom & tell me what brand it is...

Steering wheel cover is from WheekSkins. You can get just about anything you want.

http://wheelskins.com/

I stitched it myself.

The seat covers are from Roadwire (a competitor to Katskins)

They have held up wheel. I had them professionally installed.

http://roadwire.com/

Nashman

Reaction score
So this mean to make it honk factory i have to buy more stuff from the stealer ship

Naaaa I don't feel like taking 2 liter sized shits

all just eat alot of pork and beans instead and make my own toots

Coupe

Reaction score
I robbed this from TW. Try this.

(a) Open the driver side door and insert the key into the ignition cylinder.
(b) Remove the key from the ignition cylinder and, within 5 seconds, reinsert the key and turn the ignition switch to ON.
(c) After 10 seconds, the system enters answer-back buzzer switching mode.
(d) Within 10 seconds after answer-back buzzer switching mode is started, if a transmitter button (the same button) is pressed twice, the answer-back buzzer setting changes (off to on, or on to off) to activate or disable answer-back by buzzer.

HINT: The driver side door is closed.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
I thought that was only if you had the VIP alarm.
Can't do anything to make it "beep" if you have the standard keyless door entry.

30Birdy

Reaction score
What is a VIP alarm? Was it a factory or dealer option?

Top Bottom