Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD Spec-U Exhaust

Gadget

Reaction score
Going to be next week after VIR. Sorry.

The short story is that the Spec-U exhaust systems are complete systems that will go from the stock manifolds or long tube headers all the way out the back.

It includes the equal length Y pipe and cat-back in one assembly.

G

shane881510

Reaction score
Does it use v bands to connect to headers or the same two bolt crush gasket flange.

Gadget

Reaction score
It uses flanges to bolt to the stock manifold/cats or any of the aftermarket long tube headers.

G

SooRunner

Reaction score
Can you turn those U-Spec headers into a turbo kit? :hmmmm2:

shane881510

Reaction score
What muffler is the spec u using. The same as before or the small urd one that u have on ur urdusa.com what muffler does the 4 runner spec u system run.

Gadget

Reaction score
No, sorry. Will be delayed a bit. One part was not make correctly and fails in a short time.

Need to get that part remade and installed into the piping. Then we will be ready to go with the best sounding exhaust for the 1GR there is!!

G

shane881510

Reaction score
The urd muffler what's the specs on that. Is it the one used on the spec u systems. Does the 4 runner system us the same muffler as the x runner. I'm about to buy a muffler and wanna get the best sound and urd is my first stop, next is magnaflow.

Poke Squid

Reaction score
Gadget is the spec-u exhaust a singel out back designed for the x-runner or is it a dule in dule out style

shane881510

Reaction score
Does the spec u use the 3" mrk3 catback system. Or something new.

Gadget

Reaction score
The mid pipe is new. The tail pipe is the same.

I have to remake the mid pipes. Found a supplier ripped me off on one of the parts and made it wrong so I have to remake the section with that part in it.

Once the new systems launch I will take will do a one time only upgrade sale for anyone that has a URD Mk2 or Mk3 cat-back system that wants to upgrade to the new Spec-U configuration. It will be a pre-order for a month and then it will be closed and upgrade kits will be made to fill those orders. That was you will not have to throw anything away to get the new setup and save some money.

G

Gadget

Reaction score
Yea, like this is become a real nightmare for me.

Anyway, finally got that defective part removed and the systems reworked and I think we can start shipping the 2013+ versions now. The 05-12 versions will be about another 10 days or so while we build another run of tail pipes.

Once we get that done and all the back orders filled we will take orders for the upgrade kit version.

G

akakrill

Reaction score
Thanks G... see you at xfest! If you had a UCON new in box there, I might be peer pressured into the requisition. Just sayin.. maybe the guys could get the misses to give in... :smile:

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Maybe a uses URD catback might pop up after these are out, might be some goo deals out there soon :rolleyez:

Gadget

Reaction score
Not likely.

When upgrading existing products and coming out with new stuff I work very hard to prevent customers from having to throw parts away and try to offer an upgrade package that is cost effective to allow them to get into the new stuff as cheaply as possible.

Doing the same for this setup. We are going to take care of customers that already own a Mk2 or Mk3 Tacoma Cat-Back system. You will keep your main muffler and tail pipe and remove the mid pipe and add in the equal length Y pipe and a new mid pipe and you will be upgraded to the Spec-U system.

So, for those folks the only thing that will be obsolete is the mid pipe and possibly the Y pipe if they already have that.

G

akakrill

Reaction score
I do have the y-pipe and dynamax turbo muffler. Is it the dynamax muffler that comes with the Spec-U? I may want to buy the complete Spec-U outright and move my MK3 to my 4wd Tacoma and just sell the Y-pipe cheap. I want to use the same muffler as designed for the Spec-u. Please advise... Thanks Bill

Top Bottom