Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Urd Trac Bar Concerns

blastap

Reaction score
I installed my traction bar yesterday and encountered a few issues. i have the urd cat back with the big quiet muffler so there wasn't enough room for the bar without twisting the muffler clockwise quite a lot to get full range of movement. since im DJM 3/4 i have angled blocks so the rear end is pushed forward a little. the bar was too long to fit on the transmission brace so i had to cut 3/4 inch off the bar to fit correctly. Anybody else having these issues? As far as drivability goes it is a huge improvement over my TTC bars. It rides rougher but I think I have to much preload in the bar.

Gadget

Reaction score
The traction bar should clear the URD exhaust without any problem.

I have heard of this one time before where the customer had his muffler installed backwards.

The center inlet should be facing the front and the offset outlet should be toward the propeller shaft.

Is that how you have your muffler installed?

G

micpun

Reaction score
im actually waiting for my traction bars to come in. G, i ordered these one of the first days it was put on the black friday sell but still havent recieved them?

And Ryan what do you mean you had to cut them to make them fit? Do you got pics?

blastap

Reaction score
edit*** i think my muffler is on backwards gadget. i had to cut 3/4 inch off the forward end of the bar mickey

Last edited:

micpun

Reaction score
i guess when it comes in and have it in front of me ill have to see exactly what your talking about. Also what did you use to cut it with?

micpun

Reaction score
alright man, i didnt know if a dremel would be enough to cut thru it.

micpun

Reaction score
bro, its sitting in my garage for a couple weeks now. im just waiting for my composite leafs to come in and i ordered those awhile back too.

blastap

Reaction score
cool, you are doing the whole thing at once aye.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
I wouldn't think cuttin it would effect it Ryan, but I am no expert. I had to turn my mag muffler side ways to get mine to fit. I have a used mag muff though. got any pics of this bro?

blastap

Reaction score
dang-it keith i didnt see this untill now. Well it fits mucho better when you install the damn muffler the right way.

blastap

Reaction score
edit: noticed that it rode a little rough and asked G about it. Figured out it was STILL to long so i cut another 1/2 inch off the bar and she rides like a caddy!

KETCHUP

Reaction score
that is cool Ryan. Glad she worked out for ya! :top:

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
edit: noticed that it rode a little rough and asked G about it. Figured out it was STILL to long so i cut another 1/2 inch off the bar and she rides like a caddy!

TheOffice-ThatsWhatSheSaid-Michael.jpg

PiNkY

Reaction score
So is this issue a fluke or do all DJM guys gota chop a bit off to fit it in?

haha I think everyone at one point had there exhaust in backwards.......mine was for about a week til I actually read the instructions and was like o snap that's why the tip was angled funny. :laugh:

blastap

Reaction score
i dont think its a fluke, im sure everyone is going to have to cut them to a certain extent

PiNkY

Reaction score
Sweet thanks for the heads up. That's something on my list of goodies to snatch up

muzzyfsu

Reaction score
do we have to grease up the joints/bushing when we install or do they already have some in them? what kind should we use?

KETCHUP

Reaction score
are you talkin about the bar itself? If so, yes you do. normal grease gun bro.

Top Bottom