Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Viper 5704

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
hottacoX said:
I guess that means you kept yours J strada or did you get another?

I'm keeping it but have to fix it, this Friday I'm heading out to possibly buy an engine.
And we were about to purchase a new one but our accountant said we couldn't because we invested alot and the numbers wouldn't match up. I guess I'm meant to keep the X!

justin13703

Reaction score
Make sure you enable the remote lock feature. These remoted tend to operate inside your pocket. You are in the garage and next thing you know, the car starts or unlocks lol. The remote lock makes you press 2 keys before it works, like a cell phone unlock feature.

Yeah I already enabled that cause I was worried about that too lol.

RRCanuck

Reaction score
Wheres the cheapest place to get one of these things? Ive been looking at 5901s on ebay for under 200 bucks but the shits all refurbished.

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
RRCanuck said:
Wheres the cheapest place to get one of these things? Ive been looking at 5901s on ebay for under 200 bucks but the shits all refurbished.

Onlinecarstereo.com, they have the lowest prices around.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Taylor pm me your cell I will text ya with a hook up

justin13703

Reaction score
I got mine from work, we get an accomodation discount with directed electronics and viper. I pretty much got mine for cost.

Just remember, you will need the system, an immobilizer bypass like the flcan or dball, smartstart module if you wanna go that route, and a couple relays. I needed one for the second starter and one for the clutch bypass.

Still been playing with the smart start all day, so far no hiccups lol.

RRCanuck

Reaction score
Taylor pm me your cell I will text ya with a hook up

Will do brother. Thanks.

I got mine from work, we get an accomodation discount with directed electronics and viper. I pretty much got mine for cost.

Just remember, you will need the system, an immobilizer bypass like the flcan or dball, smartstart module if you wanna go that route, and a couple relays. I needed one for the second starter and one for the clutch bypass.

Still been playing with the smart start all day, so far no hiccups lol.

Ya I dont plan on going with the remote start. Shes just my summer ride now, so it would be pretty pointless to spend the extra money. It would be nice on those hot days though. Thanks for the info bud.

Last edited:

kayo808

Reaction score
I like the aux function cuz since we dont have trunk i hooked mines up to my train horn:rockon: lol. So whenever i am in range i can blow it without being in the truck. Pretty fun to do and make people wonder where it came from lol

nut

Reaction score
got my shovel out to find this, but i have a question for you 5704 owners, first off, how do you silent the remote? i select beep off but it still beeps!! Second, can I set the auto lock feature myself without having to take it back to the installer? i want to be able to get out the truck and walk away when its not in Valet and have it lock itself. Thanks

justin13703

Reaction score
got my shovel out to find this, but i have a question for you 5704 owners, first off, how do you silent the remote? i select beep off but it still beeps!! Second, can I set the auto lock feature myself without having to take it back to the installer? i want to be able to get out the truck and walk away when its not in Valet and have it lock itself. Thanks

If you turn the beep off and it still beeps, there's something wrong with the remote, or you're not actually turning it off. Make sure you select off, not just go to it and let the menu timeout.

There is a way to turn on the auto arm, I know it can be done with the bitwriter. I'll have to check to see if it can be done with the programming button.

nut

Reaction score
If you turn the beep off and it still beeps, there's something wrong with the remote, or you're not actually turning it off. Make sure you select off, not just go to it and let the menu timeout.

There is a way to turn on the auto arm, I know it can be done with the bitwriter. I'll have to check to see if it can be done with the programming button.

yeah thats what i was afraid of.

ok sweet, keep me posted!

kenz0

Reaction score
hello could someone help me.i have this alarm with the start bypass with the key inside but the engine doesn't start.do you know if the reason is the jumper inside this and the place i must be?thank you

justin13703

Reaction score
hello could someone help me.i have this alarm with the start bypass with the key inside but the engine doesn't start.do you know if the reason is the jumper inside this and the place i must be?thank you
Well that bypass isnt a good one to use so it probably isnt working right or wasnt installed right. An easy way to check, put your key up against the key cylinder. NOT in it. Just up against it. Try to remote start it while holding your key there. If it starts its a bypass issue. You dont want to use the one that holds a key in it. Toss out a few more bucks and get the DBALL or FLCAN.

Top Bottom