Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Virginia or SE!! VIR is open to our trucks!

azburnin

Reaction score
This is great news, for myself and perhaps any would be driver out there wanting to do actual track time and not just autocross with the X runner.
So I was waiting on an email about getting some runs in at Virginia International Raceway, with a short wait this time around on back and forth emailing, I got approval to race the Truck on the track. Anyway the event i signed up for is going on April 23-24th. It cost for 2 days of track time instructor including a total of 395 dollars through pay pal.
If you might be interested in racing or just general knowledge of the ins and outs here is the website WWW.TRACKDAZE.COM

CBRBob

Reaction score
Very good. I have had my truck on several configurations at VIR, not on a full hot lap but fast enough LOL. Typically it's after a m/c track day.

earnesje

Reaction score
This is great news, for myself and perhaps any would be driver out there wanting to do actual track time and not just autocross with the X runner.
So I was waiting on an email about getting some runs in at Virginia International Raceway, with a short wait this time around on back and forth emailing, I got approval to race the Truck on the track. Anyway the event i signed up for is going on April 23-24th. It cost for 2 days of track time instructor including a total of 395 dollars through pay pal.
If you might be interested in racing or just general knowledge of the ins and outs here is the website WWW.TRACKDAZE.COM

Hey, man are you back in town, you gonna be needing those tires for the event?

azburnin

Reaction score
Very good. I have had my truck on several configurations at VIR, not on a full hot lap but fast enough LOL. Typically it's after a m/c track day.

See i thought i heard of a truck or two doing it, but then they had it posted on their site they dont allow trucks. Thankfully though they're allowing the X. What did you have for suspension and breaks when you ran it? Boost?

Hey, man are you back in town, you gonna be needing those tires for the event?

No not in town, still have a few weeks or so. I'm still going to get those tires from you, but since i'll be novice at VIR they only allow street tires. For the AutoX event's though i'll be throwing them on.

Last edited:

CBRBob

Reaction score
Didin't matter how I was running it, I said it wasnt a lot lap, just fast driving and the only reason I was out there at VIR is that I am a coach for a m/c club so they trust me :)

I dont think I had the s/c then, but sos drop, 2" blocks, yellow pads on the brAKes and hi temp brake fluid. I did boil it at Pocono within 4 hot laps and had to let a 911 past lol.

Murderface

Reaction score
VIR is one of the tracks I'd love to run my truck at maybe someday. Should be getting my SS sways in the mail any day and then I should be track worthy

Last edited:

ntinhri

Reaction score
We've been approved . I had a open invite, just never could get timing down. It's about a hour from my house.

Last edited:

CBRBob

Reaction score
Ahh, starts at the Oak Tree :)
Full Course, nice. Ran that on the bike once. We are usually on South, Then North. Last year we ran North in the a.m. and combined with the other club on South in the p.m. and ran the Grand course!

azburnin

Reaction score
I like the video, and all the good responses on this. Hell i want to drive the hell out of the thing when i can. Put all the damn money into it lol. I wonder the turn around for toyota to install the trd brakes, i'd like to get back and have all the mods installed within a week..

Side note, i think i've seen that Red hatch back that passed you early in the video on the 64 one night. It had some serious suspension work done to it. My buddy raced it in his Subi.

mrguy33391

Reaction score
That video of the track course looks pretty fun. One of these I need to try out a local one. Need some new rubbers first though.

azburnin

Reaction score
I know i was considering purchasing some new tires so i have a race set that can get torn up and a set to go home lol. Prob a good idea

autobodyX

Reaction score
I'm looking at maybe getting some Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec (extreme performance summer) tires, I here that they are a good track day tire. The closest size that they offer to stock is 245/40/18. They work good for autocross as well.

I have 4 sets of stock wheels each with a different tire combination.

azburnin

Reaction score
Those tires seem to be recommended for exactly what you said. The reviews aren't bad at all. The only thing you'd have to do is change out tires lol before ice hits. I'm surprised they dont do a lower profile with these things. Now you've got me thinking....
And Four sets, well damn i've only got two.... i need to catch up lol.

Top Bottom