Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

volant CAI vs. TRD CAI

Status
Not open for further replies.

picaCulo

Reaction score
whats up yall, just got my 06 x runner on saturday 05/02/09
can anyone help me out with my CAI decision? what are the pros and cons between the volant and trd intakes ?

Murderface

Reaction score
i heard Volant makes you run really rich:thumpdown:

KETCHUP

Reaction score

Yes, the volant does. If you buy a volant, you will want to get the URD MAF cal with the Volant tune on it. According to Gaget, the Volant intake runs about 7 degrees cooler than other intakes if you get the ram air scoop. And no, the scoop doesn't force more air in. 7 degrees doesn't sound like much, but it does make a difference. URD tested a Volant intake some time ago. I love the TRD intake as well. I think it really looks good in our trucks.

and grats on the new BSP! Welcome to the site brotha!

Venomous_X

Reaction score
It is rumored to run some trucks a little rich...but on the other hand....that is the benefit of tuning. I have run a K&N as well as currently the TRD...I like the trd and Ive also heard great things about the AFE Si intake which is also the company who makes the trd. That can also be a good option to look into :top: Have a look here bud.

http://www.urdusa.com/index.php?cPath=151_164&osCsid=l4c0onlc0d9en299tbm1ens8c6

blastap

Reaction score
the maf i.d. is smaller than it should be i think, causing the maf to be inacurate.

WrecKaGeJPX

Reaction score
i got trd and love the performance and sound. plus if you get the trd blower sometime in the future they look like a really happy couple:biggrin:

Wayne R

Reaction score
There have been quite a few people who have experienced this problem.

What problem are you referring to?.......and what do you think causes it?

It's certainly not the 7 degree cooler temperature difference previously mentioned.....:biggrin:

KETCHUP

Reaction score

It's certainly not the 7 degree cooler temperature difference previously mentioned.....:biggrin:

from what I have learned from Gadget, its the smaller than normal intake tube (from the box to the motor). Because of this, our trucks think it pulling in more air than it actually is. That is what is throwing things off. Therefore, making it run rich. Before I had the MAF, there was less performance than when my truck had the stock intake. Gas milage was horible. The URD MAF will help correct this problem. No problems now and the cooler intake temps are a +.

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score

I believe what Ketchup said is most accurate(smaller intake tube). Also, the supposed seven degree cooler temp is only achieved with the optional ram air scope from Volant.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom