Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Walbro Fuel Pump noise

Amarillo X

Reaction score
Installed walbro fuel pump a few weeks ago and now I can hear the fuel rushing through the lines. Seems to be coming from where the fuel lines turn to go up the firewall. I've checked to make sure the filter is not vibrating/pulsing against the other lines and it's all good. Is this common? I've considered Dynamat under the carpet.... Sounds like a dry bearing to be honest but it's the fuel
cuz u can hear the initial prime when cycling the key on. Any suggestions?

Gadget

Reaction score
Not sure what you are hearing, but the fuel system on Toyotas does not do a key on prime. It only turns the pump on after an RPM signal comes into the ECU.

You are the first to report any kind of noise in the fuel system.

G

Amarillo X

Reaction score
Wow...didn't wanna bother u G cuz I know you've been busy. First thing in am I get in the truck, turn the key on and for a second hear the noise then it goes away. When running, with windows up and idling it really sounds like a dry brg...but it's not. Thought at first it was the filter pulsing against other lines but I've moved it away from everything. Who knows, it's not the worst thing in the world and a little music covers it up.

Murderface

Reaction score
Not sure what you are hearing, but the fuel system on Toyotas does not do a key on prime. It only turns the pump on after an RPM signal comes into the ECU.

G

G when it's really cold out it will take some time to have my engine run when starting. If I turn the key to ACC and let sit for 5seconds it will start right up. Now u say our trucks don't use key on prime, so why would this help when starting in cold weather?

Rus u PHUCKED up the install buddy, time to drop the tank again:laugh:

Amarillo X

Reaction score
Either way the fuel pump resolved my issue with long crank so I'll live with a little "rushing" sound if I have too:top:

Murderface

Reaction score
Maybe that's m issue? Def since adding the E85 injectors mines been doing this. But no clue why urs is doing that before Rus? U not boosted:biggrin:

DC29

Reaction score

G
can i see the diagram that shows our fuel pumps doesnt turn on till it recieves rpm signal?

blastap

Reaction score
is the metal fuel filter resting on the frame rail?

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
do you have the TRD charger? Sounds like the coolant pump. But if you don't have the charger I have no Idea what you are hearing.

Murderface

Reaction score
No blower! Read his mod list.......$16k and still slow ha ha

Amarillo X

Reaction score
is the metal fuel filter resting on the frame rail?
No I've moved it out away from everything. That was my first thought cuz u can hold the filter when running and feel a strong pulse...

Amarillo X

Reaction score
Anyways may give me a reason to come visit the compound and see u guys:top:

blastap

Reaction score
Bring it! I have surround sound and a fridge full of beer.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
When I first installed my turbo, STS had me do some things which I ended up putting back to stock. That meant replacing one of the fuel lines. Might not be what you are hearing, but it was really noticeable when I was at idle. So I pulled over and noticed that one of the lines under the truck was vibrating. I followed it into the engine bay and noticed that that same flexible line in the bay was vibrating. I took it off of the engine mount clips, and the noise all went away.
It was almost as if the line was crimped in that position. Strange. Never had a problem after that.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
dang brotha. hope u figure it out. send that shite back and get a new un

Amarillo X

Reaction score
Thanks Mark, that's the area it seems to be coming from. I'll get it on the lift at work this week and see what I can figure out :top:

Top Bottom