Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Water leaking from headliner

liquiddan

Reaction score
I'm usually a spectator on this site and never really have any issues with my 06 x-runner and I cannot really afford to mod it, just like looking at all the sweet rides and get ideas for when I can someday.
Anyways, since we have been having some heavy rains here in CA I have been having problems with water leaking from my headliner, mostly coming from the sun glasses holder and slightly where the headliner meets the windshield just off center on passenger side. When I left for work this morning half of the passenger seat was wet from the rain.
Took it to the dealer and they said it was a non-warranty and it would cost $115 to diagnos and pressure test the windshield?
Just curious if anybody else experienced this kind of issue, or any suggestions on what I could do.

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
Its a bad seal in your front windshield, I had the same thing happen to mine about a year ago

ultraxr

Reaction score
Just go to a windshield repair shop and have them reseal your windshield.

liquiddan

Reaction score
I have heard there is a chance of them breaking the windshield when trying to replace or re-seal it. Also I 'm woried about water damage, do I need to worry about something like that, such as mold, discolor, corosion or rust?

hiflyer

Reaction score
mine did this after the windshield was replaced
was resealed under warranty...

it sould 100% be a warrenty thing!

And have them spray for mold as well - that's huge!

liquiddan

Reaction score
Wow!, replaced and resealed under warranty? The dealer told me that the windshield rubber seals were not covered. I did get my truck certified used, but I have the ceterfied platinum protection. Think I might have success with trying a different dealership?

x20Runner05

Reaction score
If the windshiled was ever replaced or resealed warranty usually does not cover it, but be sure to mention to them about that platinum coverage and see what they say.

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
U can just peel the rubber lining back and put more sealer in there and u won't crack or break anything

MplsX

Reaction score
You should be VERY careful if you add more sealer around the windshield. If water gets trapped under the new sealant or if you miss any cracks it will rust the metal. Besides making the area look like hell, (after rusting), the window will be next to impossible to reseal correctly in the future. I vote for a trip to the window guys for a professional reseal.

x20Runner05

Reaction score
x2 window professionals get it done right the first time and save time and money in the end

Top Bottom