Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Weathertech mats not available???

justin13703

Reaction score
So one of my Christmas presents was supposed to be a set of the weathertech digital fit floor mats for the truck. They emailed us at first and said they were on back order, and they just called us yesterday and said that they will not fit the tacomas with a manual transmission??? I know there's a load of people on here that have them, obviously with a manual transmission. Is this something that happened recently or should I call them and tell them to just ship the damn things?

roy365

Reaction score
LOL......I hope it's not from me asking them WTF the deal is with the fitment. I called them a month ago and asked why they were selling them vehicle specific, but they dont fit. Long story short.....you will have to trim them to fit. The warranty will be void, and they take no part of the safety issues involved when cutting on them.

They will fit, and work fine. Tell em to ship.

dramad1

Reaction score
So one of my Christmas presents was supposed to be a set of the weathertech digital fit floor mats for the truck. They emailed us at first and said they were on back order, and they just called us yesterday and said that they will not fit the tacomas with a manual transmission??? I know there's a load of people on here that have them, obviously with a manual transmission. Is this something that happened recently or should I call them and tell them to just ship the damn things?

I'd call them up and find out wtf. I have a set of the digi fits and they fit perfect. Only thing is drivers side clutch pedal area needs to be trimmed back so the pedal does not stick under the mat.
I haven't heard of them going out of buisness? I was at the dealership last week and noticed that they were not carrying them for sale anymore and had some knock off mats for sale in there place.
I'd call them. Worst come to worst. Get a refund and then just order them up from weathertech themselves.

Gadget

Reaction score
Everyone is scared of that throttle stuck crap.

I had it happen in my 4Runner the other day. The WeatherTec mats were not re-clipped at the car was and sure enough moved forward and jammed the throttle wide open.

I have a set in my 97 4Runner and they do catch the clutch pedal a lot. PITA.

G

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I trimmed mine and no worries! I tryed running them without trimming and when you let the clutch out it would catch the mat.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ok cool, I figured it was because they were terrified of the whole "unintended acceleration" thing lol. Fortunately most of us know how to stop our cars if it takes off for some reason, unlike most tards out there lol. I guess I'll be calling them back and reordering them since they cancelled my order.

Workman3886

Reaction score
Yeah only takes a min to cut and fit, I haven't had any issues with mine sine I trimmed it, I love them!

Murderface

Reaction score
I trimmed mine and no worries! I tryed running them without trimming and when you let the clutch out it would catch the mat.

Yup this^^. When I got mine I stopped by Toyota to buy the clips for the mats and they just gave me a set.....these digifits are the best mats money can buy IMO

Workman3886

Reaction score
I agree, they cost a pretty penny but in this case you get exactly what you pay for, and I don't regret getting them one bit.

speedyx

Reaction score
I went to buy a set last night and now they have a "NOTE: Will not fit manual transmission models" right above the check-out button. I'm glad you posted about this because I really want a set of the digis. I'll just buy them and trim like the rest of you. Let us know what they say about being backordered!

justin13703

Reaction score
I went to buy a set last night and now they have a "NOTE: Will not fit manual transmission models" right above the check-out button. I'm glad you posted about this because I really want a set of the digis. I'll just buy them and trim like the rest of you. Let us know what they say about being backordered!

They're not backordered anymore, should be good to go

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score

Yeah they have said that since the beginning, everyon who gets them just trims around the clutch as they feel necessary and then they are good to go.

They are excellent mats, I have had mine almost as long as I have had the truck. The black started to fade and get a little grungy so i shot them with some krylon fusion and then they looked better than new:top:

Workman3886

Reaction score
I still think if they put a trim pattern on the back of the mat so when you order it, they have a manual option, they would probably sell a lot more for people that don't visit the forums regularly.

lowrunner

Reaction score
i havent bought these yet but anyone have a pic of how they trimmed it?

davesX

Reaction score
i got a set of husky floor mats.... fits perfect and probs at all with throttle stick....ordered them from aftermaket dealer my shop gets parts from..

justin13703

Reaction score
i got a set of husky floor mats.... fits perfect and probs at all with throttle stick....ordered them from aftermaket dealer my shop gets parts from..

The problems with the throttle sticking was people jamming the floor mats up under the pedal and then being tards and running their car into other people because they're too dumb to reach down and bump into neutral...

Top Bottom