Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

weekly/monthly newsletter

eXuser01

Reaction score
i was thinking maybe a weekly or monthly or bi-weekly newsletter that gets sent to our email with updates on mods maybe an interview on member or whatever, sales group buys, just something to keep us updated if we cant always be on the site just a thought

bob

SickRedXRnr

"OK, Good Talk"
Reaction score
not a bad idea... now its just a matter of finding someone who is willing to do one once a week or whatever... NOT IT..... ok good talk

Spyder327

Reaction score
I do like the idea of this or something similar. I know there's plans to probably implement some cool activities on here from time to time, but it would be somewhat difficult/time consuming for someone to stay on top of this on a weekly/monthly basis.

eXuser01

Reaction score
I nominate Bob.

Good idea Bob, a Monthly or Bi-Monthly newsletter seems possible.

I second that, as long is there isn't a TRD bias. :biggrin:

haha i wouldnt be trd bias i'd just be who makes more power bias(excluding gadget :laugh:)

i wasnt expecting anything right now just something for xru v2.1:biggrin:

seeing i did get the itrader up on this bisotch hahahah

carolinyens

Reaction score
I could see a bi monthly thing happen but weekly is probably a little much. Could be promising

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
i've been thinking something like that for a while but paper and postage would add up quick for something like that even if it was just monthly

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like the idea and had actually thought about doing an e-blast type thing in the past. It really wouldn't be THAT bad except for the first time around doing the design and layout. Also the other hang up would be actually GETTING the content for each newsletter. We publish two magazines out of our office at work with a circulation of roughly 50,000 and getting the content together is always the most difficult and time consuming task.

BlackCat

Reaction score
Seems like a good idea... but the catch is coming up with something that everyone (or close enough to everyone) wants to read about. Beyond X-Fest planning, TROTM selection and group buys on hot-ticket items, what else would capture a broad-base of attention ? :dontknow:

The only other thing I can think of is a write up on local meets / mini-meets, but that means that there has to be someone with reasonable English proficiency (and in some casees, sobriety :laugh: ) at each meet.

eXuser01

Reaction score
i've been thinking something like that for a while but paper and postage would add up quick for something like that even if it was just monthly

i meant an email so it's rainforest safe :laugh:

Seems like a good idea... but the catch is coming up with something that everyone (or close enough to everyone) wants to read about. Beyond X-Fest planning, TROTM selection and group buys on hot-ticket items, what else would capture a broad-base of attention ? :dontknow:

The only other thing I can think of is a write up on local meets / mini-meets, but that means that there has to be someone with reasonable English proficiency (and in some casees, sobriety :laugh: ) at each meet.

i was also thinking like we have alot of members with alot of posts, and we can find out behind the ride and meet the person only a select few meet each other and when we do we dont get our life story a small interview going beyond the truck and such. and it be a while b4 we all get truck of the month and we can have a welcome to the new members and such

I like the idea and had actually thought about doing an e-blast type thing in the past. It really wouldn't be THAT bad except for the first time around doing the design and layout. Also the other hang up would be actually GETTING the content for each newsletter. We publish two magazines out of our office at work with a circulation of roughly 50,000 and getting the content together is always the most difficult and time consuming task.

i wouldnt really think it be to hard to get the content its all hear but not all of us catch the new mods and all the random threads it jsut be nice to bc my schudle has picked up and my time on here is dwindling and i doubt im not the only one soo i dont know lol just and idea i had

eXuser01

Reaction score
hahaha have u ever actually read one of my post i can barely type let alone type/talk correct english

Top Bottom