Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

weird idle after TCAI install

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
hey guys just curious as to why since i got my urd tcai installed when i start up my truck to warm up when parked overnight it starts up fine and everything but once rpm hits 1000 and it was usually about to be ready for take off now i get i weird idle jumping from 700,800,900, and 1000 rpms.
very happy with the product on the road, mpgs went up and power gain was deff felt, just wondering if this is common or what the deal is. any help is appreciated

if it helps i do not have a MAF CAL installed yet
and i live in LA with regular weather so im just running a hydroshield on it

video of the symptom

http://s37.photobucket.com/user/JES...8-19804-000018D62B9413B0_zps4d55c8fa.mp4.html

thanks in advance
J

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
ECU needs to relearn the idle. Give it a couple days. It'll be back to normal.

Gadget

Reaction score
Make sure you have the URD air filter properly installed at the end of the pipe.

G

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
so i made sure everything was nice and tight, even took the whole thing out again just to clean the MAF sensor and ended up cleaning the whole the intake itself, also cleaned out my throttle body it was pretty dirty...cleared out the codes, and put it all back together. its been running a little better but the code still appears :hmmmm2:

Outburst

Reaction score
i had a similar problem with my tcai.
make sure the filter is in the correct place. that includes the position of the filter on the inlet as well as the position of the whole intake. you dont want the whole intake pushed to the middle, but closer to the passenger side headlight

when i fixed both of those, everythign turned out better. :top:

dramad1

Reaction score
Did you make sure the air filter was not pushed in to far like gadget said earlier. I have heard this several times in the past and it was usually the case, pushed in to far.
What g said^^** codes??

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
P0113

weird idle hasnt happened in the last 2 days cel still on, going to a lake tomorrow 180 mile trip both ways lets hope i have no issues :ahhhhh:

nick_gz1

Reaction score
yea mine did that at first to but after a couple of days the edu got used to it and everything went away

Outburst

Reaction score
P0113

weird idle hasnt happened in the last 2 days cel still on, going to a lake tomorrow 180 mile trip both ways lets hope i have no issues :ahhhhh:
you have to clear the code or else it stays in the memory bank.
clear the code. see if it doesn't show up again.

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
cleared it with my ultra gauge...with the truck on and off, just comes back immediately

but so far engine feels great, deff a noticeable power gain and mpgs went up 5% - 7% plus everyone that sees it loves it as do i...so not complaining here im a pretty happy camper just cant wait to get this damn CEL off

Last edited:

dramad1

Reaction score
Have you tried disconnecting the battery for twenty mins to reset the ecu. Could try that?

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
i disconnected it the day i took it apart...had it like that for about an hour or however long it took me to take it all apart and cleaning it out

Outburst

Reaction score
P0113 Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input

you may wanna check your extension wires. if your maf isnt giving correct information then you need to make sure it is. make sure they are properly soldered and secure

from what i remember, if your maf isn't reading in anyway, your engine will run at open loop at all times. also clean up the maf sensor with maf claener. that may help

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
i did that the day i took it apart..
first i bought a good cleaner for the MAF sensor and while i was at it i bought an intake and throttle body cleaner.
second i took the whole intake apart cleaned the sensor very carefully, and then cleaned up the intake inside and out (sucker looks freshh) and then cleaned my dirty TB.
the i made sure when i installed it it was closer to the Pass Headlight.
after i made sure the filter was on right and everything was on right.

drove her 200+ miles yesterday and she felt great mpg was at the highest ive seen it..no weird idle at all and finally hit 50k miles!

but the damn cel is still on i guess its just a matter of time :dontknow:

justin13703

Reaction score
Like outburst said are your maf extension wires solid? Did you solder them correctly? This could have something to do with the problem

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
i soldered everything correctly one by one took my time with that, used heat shrink on the cables and covered them with flex conduit to protect them so i know its not that i checked them all to make sure they were sturdy and connected properly..just waiting to see if my ECU is just taking its sweet time to get used to it

butters607

Reaction score
i soldered everything correctly one by one took my time with that, used heat shrink on the cables and covered them with flex conduit to protect them so i know its not that i checked them all to make sure they were sturdy and connected properly..just waiting to see if my ECU is just taking its sweet time to get used to it

How did you reset it by pulling off your negative cable?

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
No with ultra gauge and when I did the whole process I did unplug the negative cable

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
Uninstalled and re installed whole intake...re soldered all wires and put everything back...

CEL GONE.

Feel alot better :top:

Just ordered my maf cal...can't wait to have that sucker in there!

Top Bottom