Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What Did You Do To Your X-Runner TODAY?

mejbro

Reaction score
I've just bought a new set and kept the good one from the old set as a spare.

mejbro

Reaction score

Folded the driver side mirror to run on the treadmill today...

mejbro

Reaction score
Lemme help...
URD Stage 3+
GM Style Hydraulic "TOB" A.K.A. - THE FIX
The last one is tough to find, but a "repair kit" is also available.
I have maybe one of the last URD Twin Disc Clutches with the lightweight steel flywheel to match.
I honestly shoulda got the Stage III + Single Disc

Seamless

Reaction score
Lemme help...
URD Stage 3+
GM Style Hydraulic "TOB" A.K.A. - THE FIX
The last one is tough to find, but a "repair kit" is also available.
I have maybe one of the last URD Twin Disc Clutches with the lightweight steel flywheel to match.
I honestly shoulda got the Stage III + Single Disc

Thanks. How do you like the around town drivability with light flywheel and upgraded clutch? Its not going to be a track truck but want to no lift shift and launch sometimes without burning it up. I had a light flywheel on my jetta and liked how snappy it made the revs, but that was a 2 liter.
Ive been reading about the clutchmaster hydraulic bearing kit. Wondering if its worth $500 hmmmmm

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I bought the clutchmasters hydraulic throwout bearing but have yet to install it. I'd either get an oem bearing and hope for the best or get the hydro bearing.

Seamless

Reaction score
NHX Let me know if you decide to get rid of it haha....or just install it. I was reading reviews on TW and it sounds nice, tell me it feels like clutch butter and sway my vote.

I've done so much to my truck in a relative short period of time this lull of not having immediate work to do is stressing me out. I'll prob dyno soon, curious what its making

mejbro

Reaction score
The lightweight steel flywheel is a treat!
If you do a lot of city driving, I would never recommend an aluminum flywheel. Had one on my '94 Toyota Celica ST Turbo'd and absolutely hated my Fidanza aluminum flywheel.
My truck was built for the track, a URD clutch will probably not burn up ever, but more clutch equals more wheel hop if launching at higher RPM's.
Our stock Bilsteins in the rear do not wanna "squat".
For less than 300 bucks, you can always get a set of QA1 - 18 way adjustable shocks that you can dial in on days you wanna shoot out of a cannon.

Seamless

Reaction score
Got an alignment and made a little vid.
So I have the s.o.s 1.5" front /2" rear drop kit and tech said the front camber adjustment was maxed out and would need a kit to get perfect. What's the best remedy for this?

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
What's the best remedy for this?

A better alignment tech. Any of the kits that drop the front less than 2" can be aligned into factory spec. There's no such thing as a tacoma "camber kit" either, at least that I know of.

Seamless

Reaction score
Thanks, that's what I thought as well. Figures the 1 thing I don't do myself is an issue, so many ppl are bad at their jobs these days. This was at a chevy dealership where a friend works so I got a deal....but they are known to be stupid (I fix customer cars they crash all the time lol). I'll try a specialty lowered car alignment shop where they aren't scared to whack stuff.

markgt531

Reaction score
picking up my truck from the shop tomorrow, finally got around to get leaky diff issue fixed. cant wait to get back into it as i have too much parts waiting to be installed for years now lol

blu xr

Reaction score
looking to change out all the lug nuts tomorrow and may try my work equip wheels off the supra to see how they fit the x...

mejbro

Reaction score
Hooked up the trickle charger after my wife kicked it loose.
Almost thinking about letting the X find another home, but I am conflicted...
It's wild to have a piece of Toyota history, an '05 X-runner, the answer to Nissans 350 Z....
( I also want an '08 IS F and '94 Celica GT4 )
I put a ton of money and time into this machine that has hurt folks' feelings at the track, my favorite being a Chevelle ( he was on street tires ), I drug his a$$ and watched him put it back on the trailer!
But, I don't drive this thing! I drive a company truck for work, my wife has an RX350 and I've got the Tundra... I put a base for the car seat in the X and my wife took it out!
Sorry for bit$&ing... just losing it... I hate that it just sits in the garage... but love having it...

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
It's wild to have a piece of Toyota history, an '05 X-runner, the answer to Nissans 350 Z....
I put a ton of money and time into this machine that has hurt folks' feelings at the track, my favorite being a Chevelle ( he was on street tires ), I drug his a$$ and watched him put it back on the trailer!
But, I don't drive this thing! I drive a company truck for work, my wife has an RX350 and I've got the Tundra... I put a base for the car seat in the X and my wife took it out!
Sorry for bit$&ing... just losing it... I hate that it just sits in the garage... but love having it...

If it's paid for and it's not in the way, keep it. You'll regret selling it if you still love it. I know quite a few that still regret selling theirs.

Click

Reaction score

My wife has an RX350 and I drive a 91 Toy SR5 as a daily. Bought it new. Beat a 37 Chev with a 454 stop light racing once. I put about 2000 a year on it, never take it out in the winter, and keep it in the garage. Put the S/C on it, sway bars, short shifter, BBK. My wife would kill me if I sold it and I don't think about doing it. All I hear about when someone sells their truck is they wish they still had it. Keep it.

mejbro

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice fellas!
I love this forum.

Seamless

Reaction score
What NHXRUNNER said, wisdom nugget. Make a point to drive it on your days off. I come home for lunch break and swap cars from my beater to the X every day and it makes life slightly better

Top Bottom