Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Whats the best interface for an iphone...

TRON

Reaction score
All you electronic gurus out there... whats the best interface for our truck and the iphone? I like bluetooth but its not a priority if the quality of sound is compromised. I would like to have the steering wheel controls and be able to charge the device in my console. I have a 2008... Any insight much appreciated:top:

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
I Personally Prefer Kenwood, Garmin Gps, Bluetooth, Dvd, Mine Has 2 Usb Ports On Back One Is For Ipod Hookup, SoundQuality With Bluetooth For Music Will Sound Much Better With Ur Phone Than If U Try To Use The Aux Cord, I Have Android Phone Not IPhone But All The Hands Free Stuff On The Stereo Is Great!

justin13703

Reaction score
Are you looking to change out the radio or leave the stock one in there? And what kind of iPhone do you have

justin13703

Reaction score
I could be wrong, cause I've been out of the game for a while, but I don't believe there is a stock radio interface available for the new lightning connector phones that will also charge it. If you're dead set on keeping the stock radio, the best bet is a universal I-simple type thing that uses an aux cable, or a bluetooth kit. But I don't think there is one out that will use the lightning connector. Apple really screwed everybody with that joke.

Reaction score
I like my USA Spec interface unit. It was about $120 shipped on ebay. PA15-TOY

Last edited:

X_Less

Reaction score
I like my USA Spec interface unit. It was about $120 shipped on ebay. PA15-TOY

I have the same one but I use an Itouch with no issues... But I guess you can use the AUX jack to plug in your Iphone 5 but it won't charge it (I use it for my android [pandora, XM radio])

I use the red/white aux jack capabilities too with this thing

ccaaux.jpg

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Clarion-CCAAUX-Mini-Jack-Extension-Integrated/dp/B00144I3ZK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396397813&sr=8-1&keywords=clarion+ccaaux[/ame]

(Notice the cigarette lighter closest to the driver seat has been replaced[I have a dual USB charger on the other side so I can still charge 2 devices just with USB chargers only])

IMG_20130531_193734_zpsf865a974.jpg

SIGHTWAVES

Reaction score
with the iphone 5 it is a hard one for the stock radio a isimple and useing the headphone jack is the best bet for your stock radio but any for charging and playing alot of aftermarkert radio claims to work with iphone 5 but kenwood with the hdmi tuch screen radio will work but its price is normally a turn off from some people its like 200bucks in extra parts but if u dont need a screen u can do a single din kenwood radio and use ur lighting plug that comes with phone to plug in and get all music and charging

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Can you use a Lightning to 30-Pin adapter with the USA Specs?

MD823

SIGHTWAVES

Reaction score
have tried it with some radios that we have put in to cars one thing u have to buy the one from apple not a cheap off brand to save money spend the 50 bucks and get the apple made one and it should work at least for radios now the us spec ipod integration not to sure about and those thing go out a lot i have done a lot of radio changes because of people not liking the us spec product those and isimple are very temperamental and go out a lot and i try to advise everyone who can change there radio to do so before going to that because they wont be happy with it long things will go wrong

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
I have this in my truck. Sony MEX-GS600BT

I know it's a SONY, but it's not bad at all. Plus it hooks up to your iPhone/iPad and does take the lightning cable. Also charges your phone and iPad too. And you can control the entire deck through the Remote App.

I have this deck recessed into my dash, and have my iPad Mini as my main interface and screen. Also added the steering wheel control module, so I can skip tracks and change volume, even though you can do that through the app as well.

Just another option for you.

For reference if you want to see what I did.

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=53019

Top Bottom