Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Whats the deal with toyota Black sealant stuff?.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Alright so as some of u know im putting a TRD S/c on my truck some of this process has been slowed down by regular maintenance e.g. water pump. I am now going on 3rd time removing the piece of Sht. It just keeps leaking. SouthernmostXr told me about it and was curious to know if any one else knows anything about it and it application purpose and use. Its getting really annoying and its wasting my time..Thanks all...Sorry just a bit frustrated..

Bulldogger

Reaction score
Black sealent is for uses that see oil not antifreeze. For antifreeze you need to use a different sealer.

PreXRunner89

Reaction score
I believe Toyota has two different types of black sealant. One is FIPG (form in place gasket) which is used for oil. There is another one for coolant but I can't remember the name of it. I think it was like $90 a tube, so I just used FIPG for everyt andnever had a problem.

Rez146

Reaction score
Whitebeauty hows it going bro? i talk to a few of my good toyota techs all of them use a toyota fipg (form in place gasket )when replacing a water pump on those motors. it is a black sealent the part number is 00295-00103 my cost on a tube is $9. Let me know if you need help with anything

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Holy Sh!t. That is a helluva mark-up!

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
"the right stuff" is what I have used... It's a FIPG

PreXRunner89

Reaction score
No there are two different types of black sealant. FIPG is about $15 a tube and the other stuff that toyota says to use for coolant is about $90 a tube. I have never used the expensive sealant and only heard about when I went to Toyota engine class. I have used FIPG on many water pumps and never had a problem.

Gadget

Reaction score
Right Stuff is the way to go.

It works on everything including coolant.

The normal Toyota FIPG is not coolant compatible.

The Toyota coolant is slippery nasty stuff and you have to REALLY clean the surfaces well or nothing is going to stick. Open the block drains and get the coolant level well down below the port level you are working on and CLEAN it super good, or you will get the chance to do it again.

G

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Whitebeauty hows it going bro? i talk to a few of my good toyota techs all of them use a toyota fipg (form in place gasket )when replacing a water pump on those motors. it is a black sealent the part number is 00295-00103 my cost on a tube is $9. Let me know if you need help with anything

Damn whats up big guy how u doin....Thanks thats what they told me this morning at Headquarter Just wanted to see what the deal was with it... What a pain in the butt it is.

Rez146

Reaction score
toyota does have two types of sealants but for some reason when we bill out warranty water pumps toyota on pays for the black tube and if we bill the other one on the RO they decline the claim

scoutdeed69

Reaction score
Hey if you can't get a hold of that stuff you can always use Honda bond it works for both purpose...I love that stuff never had an issue with it...as long as you keep it clean and from getting wet....it works great....Good luck Whitebeauty

Rob

Top Bottom