Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wheel Hop with TracBar

FireB

Reaction score
I installed the TracBar a while ago and still getting the wheel hop.
There is no way for me to install this wrong and wondering why it's still hopping.
Could it be the stock shocks that's too soft?
Only way for me to eliminate it is to get the QA1's?

finally got the Trutracs in but not really feeling good about the wheel hop.

Any inputs will be appreciated!

FireB

Reaction score
So I am not so sure why I am still getting it.......
Does it mean that I need to bolt the front bracket more harder?
If I go any harder, the bracket itself kinda mis-alignes...
Maybe I did install it wrong?!
Gonna have to take a look at it pronto!

Braking Bad

Reaction score
In the rain with a trac bar and qa1s I will get wheel hop still. But much less. When I had to get my qa1s serviced I threw the kyb shocks that were on the truck when I got it, (soft) back on and I did not have that much wheel hop problems. So the trac bar does way more for wheel hop than qa1s imo.

Its got to be better than it was before right? Did you try to play around with the tension at all?

FireB

Reaction score
Well, the preload part is the part that I really don't understand.
If you extend the screw, does that make it less wheel hop? or more prone to wheel hopping?
I just changed the diff to trutrac so that screw piece is pretty much reset right in the middle.
Just can't imagine myself not installing that piece correctly when it's so easy to install...

hiflyer

Reaction score
Hmmm, I get zero wheel hop now in all sorts of situations, but had a shop install it...

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
What are your QA1's set to, and how many clicks max do they have?

Have you checked to make sure your axle U-bolts are tight?

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Well, the preload part is the part that I really don't understand.
If you extend the screw, does that make it less wheel hop? or more prone to wheel hopping?
I just changed the diff to trutrac so that screw piece is pretty much reset right in the middle.
Just can't imagine myself not installing that piece correctly when it's so easy to install...

Extending the adjustment lock nut out will add preload. That will help eliminate the wheel hop. There should be a few degrees of preload. Setting it neutral will still allown axle hop.

FireB

Reaction score
Extending the adjustment lock nut out will add preload. That will help eliminate the wheel hop. There should be a few degrees of preload. Setting it neutral will still allown axle hop.

Thank!
Let me lengthen the nut and see what happens.... if that does not minimize the hop, I'm gonna have to seriously take a picture and post it here.
And prove myself that I am stupid.... :frown:

Top Bottom