Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Where can I find snout rebuild kit?

ryanschmidt

Reaction score
I am having some issues with my supercharger. At idle it is extremely loud. It sounds like bad input shaft bearings. I have verified that the noise is in fact coming from the snout of the charger. This is my first supercharged vehicle. I have been a Toyota tech for over 3 years but never had to service a supercharger before. I found a few websites (Jon bons performance, zzperformance, rolling performance) but none have a kit specifically for the TRD variant m90. Anyone have some info? I would really appreciate the help.

If you guys are curious I can get you an audio clip of the sound.

EDIT: The truck was purchased used with 116k miles. I have no idea how many miles are on the s/c. I have not checked the oil or anything. But I did check the coolant level after I received the truck. The charger coolant level was very low. I found that this was due to the overflow?? on the charger coolant reservoir. There is a small rubber cap that had rotted away. The electric pump seems to function properly. But I don't know what kind of damage having low coolant could result in.

Gadget

Reaction score
You can purchase a reman unit from TRD through the Toyota parts chain. Bet they still have a few in inventory.

If you want to do it yourself just all on of the rebuilders and they can set you up with the needed parts.

G

ryanschmidt

Reaction score
Sounds to me like my best bet is sending the charger off to a reputable company to have it overhauled and returned with a warranty. There are no shops in this area that offer this service and I don't think I'm willing to do this on my own without specific instructions or some experienced aid. Have you used any of the aforementioned companies?

Top Bottom