Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Windex Wipe down? WTF

Yallrun

Reaction score
Today a co-worker and I were walking out to the X to head to lunch. Were about half way to my truck in the parking garage and I see this dude spraying stuff on his 4 door colorado. I stop and say hey what's up, he said hi and I said spray wax? He said oh no, Windex. With a shocked face and a odd tone I say oh ok and continued to walk to my truck. WTF is that dude wiping his ride down with Windex and how often does he do that is what I was thinking the rest of the day. That something I haven't seen yet.

Does anyone else do this? Or do yall think that's as effed up as I do? Not sure what Windex would do to your paint after a while.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
I've used Windex with a microfiber rag before, if it is bad for the paint, I never noticed.

Not really the first choice, but it makes it easier to touch up a few dusty spots rather then cleaning the whole damn car. The only downside that I saw is that once the rag/cloth starts getting damp, it leaves nasty streaks (more so then wax). And if you don't have another dry cloth to fix the streaky spots, you're kinda shit outta luck.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Windex isn't the issue, rubbing road grime and grit against the clear coat is.

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
My old neighbor lady has an old mercedes and she uses pledge on hers. I don't think it's a clear coat. It looks brand new.

TRD-X

Reaction score
Yo she's off the hook Cuz!! Using pledge on car paint.:dontknow:

Grumpy

Reaction score
Alcohol in Windex isn't good for the paint. Won't cause major chemical breakdown or anything but there so many spray on wax / instant detailer spray out there, why bother with glass cleaner.

Windex fail as glass cleaner anyways, Stoner Invisible Glass cleaner is much better.

Coupe

Reaction score
The "pledge" trick was an old car show trick. Go back in time 20 years, when no detailer sprays were available, many people would use Pledge to detail their car at a show.

Lemon smell was a dead give away.

TRD-X

Reaction score
Yea Coupe I know but we are in a new age! How about the brake fluid for trim? The old days!!:top:

Coupe

Reaction score
No arguement from me. I have a ton of spray detailers.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
whats next jim, gonna share how latex gloves make great makeshift jimmyhats? bwahahahaha

TRD-X

Reaction score
Back in the day Dealer used brake fluid on a rag to make the rubber trim look new!:top:And donny I'll let you tell that one Cuz!!:laugh::laugh:

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Back in the day Dealer used brake fluid on a rag to make the rubber trim look new!:top:And donny I'll let you tell that one Cuz!!:laugh::laugh:
My dad used to use peanut butter for his black trim:crinklehair:

Top Bottom