Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wiring

marvy

Reaction score
Does it matter what kind of RCA cable or bridge i use when i set up a sub and amp?

wshsbears

Reaction score
thats a major issue with some systems. u can get any RCA cables, but for the best sound with the least interferance u'll want better than worse cables. more expensive isn't always better, but just don't get $5 RCA's.

ur amp should show where to bridge the sub at. where the speaker outputs are, look closely, just be sure to put negative on neg. and positive on pos. there will be directions right on the amp:top:

marvy

Reaction score
thanks!

and one more thing... How important is it to match the recommended wattage and ohms? between amp and sub? my sub is rated at like 750watts? but i heard people run much higher wattage on their amp
and my sub is rated at 3 ohm, but my amp is 4 ohm..i think
Will i run into any issues?

CBRBob

Reaction score
CLEAN amp power is ok to run over rated sub power. You might run a crappy 250w amp into a 500w sub and blow the sub.

Your amp only goes to 4ohm? Not 2 or 1? Can you configure your sub(s) to another ohmage? Typically as long as the sub ohms are a higher# you will be ok but you are pretty close.

RCA cables that are cheap will have static and hum, buy the better well shielded ones.

Last edited:

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
yeah you don't have to go buy $50 cables....tsunami, and scocshe makes some good RCA cable for a real reasonable price. To help with feed back I got RCA cables that have the extra wire for a ground. That helps.
As for ohm load its kinda important not to run a lower ohm load then the amp can handle. Like running three 4 ohms speakers give you a ohm load of 2.67 ohms....most amps are not stable at 2.67 ohms. Is your amp a 2ch or 4ch amp? If your amp is 4ohm mono and 2 ohm stereo you should be fine.

marvy

Reaction score
hmm.. okay. i'll do some more research

thanks for the help everyone

marvy

Reaction score
haha thanks for everyones help. i posted this on another thread as well. but my set up is up and running now! running a dmc's jl 12 w7 and a rockford fosgate p10002 amp.

thanks again everyone :smile:

Top Bottom