Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Write-Up: Black Headlight Mod

Moneyblind

Reaction score
I have a nub question, We are painting the INSIDE of the light, am I correct to assume that seeing as we are taking it apart?

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
wow you should not have shown me this!

im calling in sick tomorrow! :D

davesX

Reaction score
awesome thread .... been wanting to do this, i am diffently doing this the weekend

davesX

Reaction score
well i done my lights a couple weeks ago, everything was fine til this week cold and rainy fo couple of days and my lights filled with water... so i had to take them back out and redo... this time i took all the original silicone out and use Lexen silant, if i have any more probs i will break bad and use panel bond... hopefully its fixed this time will find out tommorrow when it rains..

jwg256

Reaction score
the original gunk plus some window sealant worked well for me. no issues

Dewey7

Reaction score
Nice mod. Took me around 4 hours got my 4th bolt back in not an easy task. :motz:

06 xrunner

Reaction score
Did a couple sets with tommyxrunner a few weeks ago and it was easy as pie. Put the oven to 325 degrees then turned it off and left headlights in for 11 mins and pulled apart no problem

12trdtacoma

Reaction score
Really wanna do this to my truck . If only the headlights for the 12 werent so expensive ..

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Really wanna do this to my truck . If only the headlights for the 12 werent so expensive ..

Do It, it's really simple and if you pay attention you can't screw this up, cost me 5 bucks for a great change and amazing look :top:

Top Bottom