Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Write-Up: HID Headlights Install

FoxDavis

XRU Overdosed
Reaction score
Nice write up Fox:top:
I would consider bolting the ballasts though, I'd be worried they would eventually fall off the velcro.

I don't know if they will, I wiped the area clean and I needed to remove the ballast to plug the wire in and it was like no way. I used a patch the size of the ballast.

FoxDavis

XRU Overdosed
Reaction score
FOX, the video makes the light output look terrible on those HID's. How do they compare to the output of the factory bulbs (please be honest, dont worry about hurting anyones feelings). It is probably just the camera, but if i buy these bad boys i want to be certain i wont be disappointed.

I had them in my 96 Prizm, and the output sucked, but i liked the color so i just dealt with it. I dont want to do that in the X. THANKS!!

Some people are happier then others with that they see. The High beams are not that great imo but once I have the fog light mod done then that will take care of the light around and close to the truck. On low beam, it's great. I think there better then stock lights by far. The color is pretty cool, like the road markings and the reflections of signs. It's kind of like a super crisp clean blue look. It will grow on me the more I drive at night but for now I am happy that I went that route rather then some store bought ones for 40 bucks. Anyone and everyone can have that look but I do stand out which is one reason I bought them.

FoxDavis

XRU Overdosed
Reaction score
Looking at Fox's video, the light output looks no better than my $30 pair of Luminics Pure Blues. It's the same shade of blue and it's pretty dim. If you're willing to sacrafice some light output, but want the blue color, just buy the bulbs I have.

www.automotivelightingusa.com

Hey Rizzo, what's up! The video is kinda crap. Once I uploaded to photobucket it seemed like the quality went bad. Maybe because they have to shrink it or something. But the low beam is pretty bright. I was behind a few cars getting on the freeway and I was looking at there lights with mine beaming from behind... I was proud to be in the X at that time. It was like a Fox on the hunt and those little b!tches were scared......hehehe lol

No I think they are worth it and I do think they will last a bit so it was a good purchase!

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I don't know if they will, I wiped the area clean and I needed to remove the ballast to plug the wire in and it was like no way. I used a patch the size of the ballast.

I hung my old kit on my old truck like that. Cleaned the area real well, big patch of 3M - they fell off in under a year. With the engine heat, water, and gravity always pushing down on them they just fall off eventually.

I blew a ballast driving when one side fell and hit the compartment.... :motz:

FoxDavis

XRU Overdosed
Reaction score
I hung my old kit on my old truck like that. Cleaned the area real well, big patch of 3M - they fell off in under a year. With the engine heat, water, and gravity always pushing down on them they just fall off eventually.

I blew a ballast driving when one side fell and hit the compartment.... :motz:

Thanks for the early warning. I will try and also do some tie wrapping so I won't have to do any drill and bolting. HAHA

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I used existing holes in the engine bay to mount mine and ended up drilling 2.

project-c2

Reaction score
Jus got my HID kit. Thanks for the great pics that everyone posted. Gonna install it after work.

project-c2

Reaction score
Took it back out and did a retrofit. LOL Great info for those looking to install a PnP kit.

Gotjustin27

Reaction score
i dont understand this write up... i have the ued kit

i plugged everything together but its not installed on my truck yet i have no idea how to do it

XrunDan

Reaction score
I too have the UED kit. Have not installed it due to the crappy instructions

xxCLMxx

Reaction score
I have the UED kit an it is simple to install. Just remove the grill, head lights an DO NOT TOUCH the bulbs. I removed my battery for installation. I love my UED kit but the lights dont want to come on, sometimes I have to toggle between High/low to get mine to come on.

2012TxNinja

Reaction score
Never thought I would join the hid crowd until I saw the xr thread for drl fog lights. Now I have hids for the healights as well. Gotta match, you know? Great write up

Top Bottom