Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WTB: TRD BBK PTR09-35050

ChasinCloudz

Reaction score
Want to buy TRD BBK part number PTR09-35050. This is the big brake kit that was offered as a dealer add-on option.

I know StopTech made it and still does, but I'm looking specifically for the TRD version. I'm not looking for alternatives such as StopTech kit, Rotora, Brembo, etc. Only the TRD kit.

ChasinCloudz

Reaction score
Number 1, that's way too expensive. I'm thinking closer to the 2K point rather than the 3K. Number 2, it's not even available.

Nah, I haven't even gotten it yet. I'll see if I like it or not after I try it for a while.

hapamulan

Reaction score
Dude, chill with the attitude. You didn't specify price point or timeline and I was just trying to help. Also it's not in stock but it's temporary and if you order they'll email you with an ETA it's available.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

blu xr

Reaction score
try calling elmhurst toyota they may be able to get them for you.

edit: they have helped get some hard to find parts for some of us guys on another forum. also they usually discount the prices.

ChasinCloudz

Reaction score
@hapamulan - Sorry if you thought I was having an attitude, I was just typing and specifying. It's unlikely that the seller or Amazon is going to get an update on it. I stopped by a dealership to check national dealership inventory and no luck.

@blu xr - I think I'll do that. If they can, that'd be great.

ChasinCloudz

Reaction score
Hey Gadget, I already know about the URD StopTech Kit. I'm just being picky and looking for the TRD name. I've run across a couple listings before and just missed out on them. Just can't seem to find anymore listings is all.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Gadget, I already know about the URD StopTech Kit. I'm just being picky and looking for the TRD name. I've run across a couple listings before and just missed out on them. Just can't seem to find anymore listings is all.

I'm pretty sure they were discontinued years ago. The stoptech is the exact same kit with a different sticker.

ChasinCloudz

Reaction score
Oh, I know they were discontinued years ago. I was hoping for someone who was parting out or decided they were going a different direction due to cost or whatever.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, I know they were discontinued years ago. I was hoping for someone who was parting out or decided they were going a different direction due to cost or whatever.

Buy a Stoptech Kit and repaint it with a TRD logo. BBKs don't come up for sale often unless someone is doing a complete part-out.

ChasinCloudz

Reaction score
Yeah, that's more of a last resort option. I did brakes on all 4 corners not too long ago so I have some time before I really need 'em. Just want to wait around to see if anyone is, or will be, selling the TRD BBK by the next time I have to do brakes.​

ChasinCloudz

Reaction score
:Bump:

Update: Ended up FINDING and BUYING a TRD S/C. Some missing parts from the sub-assembly that I have to source. Also going to have to order the Tacoma fit kit from @Gadget. But before that gets installed, I'd like to be able to stop first LOL. The need for the BBK is coming up faster and I don't want this wanted post to get lost in the wind. All I really need from the kit is the calipers and brackets since I'm already running SS braided lines.

hypertaco

Reaction score
:Bump:

Update: Ended up FINDING and BUYING a TRD S/C. Some missing parts from the sub-assembly that I have to source. Also going to have to order the Tacoma fit kit from @Gadget. But before that gets installed, I'd like to be able to stop first LOL. The need for the BBK is coming up faster and I don't want this wanted post to get lost in the wind. All I really need from the kit is the calipers and brackets since I'm already running SS braided lines.

Wow, where are earth did you find that?

ChasinCloudz

Reaction score
Big thanks to Devan08. Sold me a set of TRD calipers and brackets.

Took a lot of cleaning and more cash to amass the parts, but they’re finally mounted on the truck. Got them powder coated in gloss black to keep them a little inconspicuous behind the wheel.

I am so happy I can finally stop. Totally fixes the break bias and pretty much eliminated the ABS because it doesn’t even kick on anymore.

Tangent to another one of my threads, I may have to get the shields fabricated since I couldn’t find compatible ones. Will update that thread if there’s any progress on that front.

Top Bottom