Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WTK disable headlights

08x

Reaction score
ya just go behind ur fuse pannel ull see a blue wire un hook that and they wont come on if its the toyota system did that and wow saves the hids

sixmassive

Reaction score
ok the blue wire that i unplugged desables the entire alarm system. but retains the keyless entry. anyone know which wire exactly disables the headlight

Stevenredx

Reaction score
ok the blue wire that i unplugged desables the entire alarm system. but retains the keyless entry. anyone know which wire exactly disables the headlight

Must be the wrong blue wire. It was the one behind the drivers side kick panel, right?

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Just an Fyi, if you have the stock alarm, or vip, when your truck is put in panic mode, Ie going off, your headlights and everything blink....so it doesnt matter if they dont blink or not i still would like the fix for this if you discover anything *pending me reading the rest of the thread* :biggrin:

sixmassive

Reaction score
i behind the driver side kick panel there is only 1 blue wire that is T-ed.

and if it is unplugged from the alarm system, when it enters the panic mode, the headlights will NOT blink because they are taken off the system as long as the VIP stays active. if you disable the VIP the stock keyless entry/panic takes over and the headlights will blink. . . .this in all in theory tho lol

Stevenredx

Reaction score
i behind the driver side kick panel there is only 1 blue wire that is T-ed.

and if it is unplugged from the alarm system, when it enters the panic mode, the headlights will NOT blink because they are taken off the system as long as the VIP stays active. if you disable the VIP the stock keyless entry/panic takes over and the headlights will blink. . . .this in all in theory tho lol

That how mine is too, if you hit panic the headlights will flash but when just locking/unlocking the doors they will not come on for 20 seconds like the were when i first installed toyo alarm.

sixmassive

Reaction score
does your shock alarm go off?

and the horn doesn't beep

i pressed the door closed button, armed the alarm, and waited a bit, the took my finger off and the alarm is a no go. . . . pretty much just down to keyless entry

Stevenredx

Reaction score
does your shock alarm go off?

and the horn doesn't beep

i pressed the door closed button, armed the alarm, and waited a bit, the took my finger off and the alarm is a no go. . . . pretty much just down to keyless entry

took your finger off?

everything on mine works exactly the same, just no headlights coming on.

08x

Reaction score
mine works fine all i did was unplug the blue wire and its good to go

54chevy210

Reaction score
I've almost got this whole thing figured out. There are actually two blue wires t-ed in for the "Keyless Remote Upgrade Security System." One is behind the driver's side kick panel. If you unhook this one it will disable the system, the keyless entry will still work, but the horn doesn't beep and the alarm won't work. The second is up higher, behind the fuse box by the steering column, and is t-ed in to a white wire. If you unhook this one it will prevent the headlights from coming on when you lock/unlock the truck, but you will lose the "warn away" feature of the alarm. I tried t-ing the blue wire in to the parking lights to make them come on for 20sec instead of the headlights. When I did this I got the "warn away" feature back, but the parking lights aren't coming on.

I know it's tied in to the park light system b/c I t-ed in to the wire that sends power to the tail light fuse when the park lights are turned on. But the blue wire from the alarm module only puts out .5V when activated so it's not enough to turn the lights on. The white wire they had it tied in to has 12V all the time, but loses it when the headlight switch is turned on. I'm going to do some more staring at wiring diagrams and see if i can figure out where to hook the blue wire back in to make the park lights come on instead. But if i can't figure it out i'm just going to leave it where it is since I still have all of the features of the alarm and the headlights don't come on anymore.

Top Bottom