Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NEWS X-Fest West 2009

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
X-Fest WEST 2009 is coming to Albuquerque, NM!
TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE IN THE XRU STORE!
Click here to buy your ticket now.
(you will receive hotel info via PM after you order)

Raffle items to include: One COMPLETE SET of NST Pulleys, One set of SubXclosure Arm Inserts and one set of SubXclosure Rear Seat inserts

This thread (and the first post) will be continually updated with the most up-to-date info about X-Fest West. Right now we know that the event will take place August 13-16, 2009. The remainder of the details are still being hashed out but we wanted to give everyone as much notice as possible. The event was originally scheduled for September but was recently moved to try to accommodate more people. So we all apologize for the lack of notice but the intent was to give 2 months notice --- the date just changed this past week.

XRU THANKS OUR X-FEST WEST SPONSORS!

Hotel is confirmed 100%, the store you allow you to buy the tickets very soon now:rock:

The current itinerary involves a cruise, sight-seeing, etc. at Tingley Beach:
http://www.cabq.gov/biopark/tingley/

And also Kart racing at a Alququerque indoor Karting facility:
http://www.abqkarting.com/index.aspx

Also, the hotel is located right by some restaurants for meals, raffle give-a-ways, etc. :top:

Attachments

• xfest_west09.jpg
    xfest_west09.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 772
Last edited by a moderator:

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
1 month + a few days in advance... nice xfest east gets 2 months hmmm

Last edited:

Raversman

Banned
Reaction score
I dont agree w/ the new mexico meet up. I think Vegas or Havisu is a much better location. All that agree say I.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
I dont agree w/ the new mexico meet up. I think Vegas or Havisu is a much better location. All that agree say I.

Now before everyone jumps on the bandwagon of trying to get the location changed. We chose this location as it is as close to middle as we can do for the AZ crew and the TX crew.

Those two groups are very large, and we tried to get a centralized location. We had it in Havasu last year and there was a very poor Cali turnout (especially based on how many members there are there), so we were reluctant to put it in their backyard and void any chance of the middle states attending.

Being in Alb, we are also giving the central states a chance. Depending on this years turnout, that will influence where next year's location will be. The more members that attend, the better chances of having it closer to them next time. Last year AZ was the bulk of the meet, so we are trying to tailor to them (without screwing over everyone else).

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

I.....................

I I I I I I I I I I I agree

As has been stated by Jason, the location isn't open for negotiation. It is where it is. Just like X-Fest (East), the staffers choose the location based on their research in an attempt to make it central to as many people as possible.

The bottom line is... if you really want to go - you'll go as long as it's within a reasonable distance (for me that's about 10 hours). So we try to put it 10 hours or less from the majority of people in a certain region. This year they are trying to pull the Arizona and Texas crews after aiming for Arizona, Cali and Nevada last year.

So please guys - instead of starting a coup, let's see some enthusiasm from those that plan to attend. :smile:

Gadget

Reaction score
Hot DAMN!!!

That is only 2000 miles each way for me!!!

G

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
push the date back...i owe the pigs money lol

trd_sport

Reaction score
As has been stated by Jason, the location isn't open for negotiation. It is where it is. Just like X-Fest (East), the staffers choose the location based on their research in an attempt to make it central to as many people as possible.

The bottom line is... if you really want to go - you'll go as long as it's within a reasonable distance (for me that's about 10 hours). So we try to put it 10 hours or less from the majority of people in a certain region. This year they are trying to pull the Arizona and Texas crews after aiming for Arizona, Cali and Nevada last year.

So please guys - instead of starting a coup, let's see some enthusiasm from those that plan to attend. :smile:
someone didnt get my sarcasm:biggrin:
This is prolly a good 10-12hr drive for most of the Texas guys and we are so far the only group that has even said we'd be actually willing to make that kinda drive so......I think others should be looking forward to it as well.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
I think others should be looking forward to it as well.
Exactly, what you said right there is the main point!!!

I've never been to an XFW, but if it's anything like XFE, it is truly a GREAT event. Not only do you get to put the names with the faces...but everyone always has a great time!!!

Spyder327

Reaction score
This is prolly a good 10-12hr drive for most of the Texas guys and we are so far the only group that has even said we'd be actually willing to make that kinda drive so......I think others should be looking forward to it as well.

I'll see you there buddy:rock:

Vince77

Reaction score
1,085 miles, 15hrs 45min from where I sit. :eek:

I will probably be there, but I may be flying in. Good timing for me tho. Can't wait! :rockon:

Top Bottom