Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NEWS X-Fest West 2009

BSP 05 X-Runner

Reaction score
I find it pretty sad.. last time i looked at the list there was 30 people saying they were going, and in less then a month no meet :dontknow:

1. Super Werty
2. KETCHUP + MRSKETCHUP+ 2 friends
3. Vince77
4. Spyder327
5. XRunnerDevil07
6. DeathShadow - 100% confirmed flying in
7. Lenie
8. bsp 05 x-runner
9. Clokwrk
10.T0LLPHR33
11. BlackCat (very strong maybe)
12. Blastap + mrs blastap(if school allows)
13. MusTrd + 1 (maybe on the +1)
14. K2 + 1
15. 07SWB +1
16. Mathyou
17. Ninja17 (car pooling with Mathyou)
18.MagicCarpet (99%sure)
19. ICEMAN 99%
20. Miami (braves011) (70% chance)
21. Jaegermeister 99% +1 maybe
22.Tejada
23. Grumpy (as far as I know) and maybe donny riding shotgun!
24. alexxwing "guess ill fill in number 24 "
25. XrunnIT + 1
26. Liquid-X
27. Gutz (50% chance wife says yes)
28. brokenvendetta (assuming can afford the hotel and what not)
33. Gadget

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
Now that is a major disappointment.

Gadget

07SWB

Reaction score
the major disappointment is that XFE is still happening and has been in the spotlight since both of the events were annouced.

People dont want to go to NM especially in the middle of August.

Not to mention, not many people can plan their finances with only 6 or 7 weeks advance notice.. having 3 months would have been a lot better... And if it was in AZ or So Cal...

BSP 05 X-Runner

Reaction score
the major disappointment is that XFE is still happening and has been in the spotlight since both of the events were annouced.

People dont want to go to NM especially in the middle of August.

Not to mention, not many people can plan their finances with only 6 or 7 weeks advance notice.. having 3 months would have been a lot better... And if it was in AZ or So Cal...

Why so cal ? hell at last years HB meet hardly anybody showed up for that.. Everybody wants in it there back yard and then wont show up, hell with all the So-Cal peeps there are with X's how many came to havasu last year maybe 6 or 7 if that

x-stealth

Reaction score
Everyone loves Vegas! I dont have an X anymore. But finding a place to stay is easy, cheap food, always something to do as a group or on your own. Easy for cali, az, utah, and NM members to travel too. Why do you think one of the biggest Supra meets in here every year?

Yallrun

Reaction score
Oh Dam, I can't let my wife know how much I have saved for that trip that's not gonna happen. Texfest maybe? Hummmmm Guys let get it together. Texas/LA X's in full force! :top:

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
Klint is there any way... if we have a TexFest ... that XR-U could sponsor it? in any way? just curious

MusTrd

Reaction score
My name was on the list and I never took it off. I even put in for the time off work. I never bought my tickets though because they said non refundable. I just had a feeling with the lack of people signing up and people constantly dropping out that it would be canceled. I don't think location had as much to do with it as the length of notice and lack of information did. I'm a believer in if you wanted to go and were able to, then you would go. What does location have to do with it really? To me it was going to be about meeting the people and putting faces to the screen names of people we bullshit with everyday on the site. You can make any place fun if you're hanging out with cool people. That's pretty much my feelings on the whole deal. :dontknow:

NixXR462

Reaction score
My name was on the list and I never took it off. I even put in for the time off work. I never bought my tickets though because they said non refundable. I just had a feeling with the lack of people signing up and people constantly dropping out that it would be canceled. I don't think location had as much to do with it as the length of notice and lack of information did. I'm a believer in if you wanted to go and were able to, then you would go. What does location have to do with it really? To me it was going to be about meeting the people and putting faces to the screen names of people we bullshit with everyday on the site. You can make any place fun if you're hanging out with cool people. That's pretty much my feelings on the whole deal. :dontknow:
If it makes you feel better I wasn't going to XFW so you wouldn't have got to meet your hero anyways.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I never bought my tickets though because they said non refundable.

I suppose I should have made this more clear. I would certainly hope you guys would know that I will refund your money if the event gets cancelled. It really meant that if the event happens and you back out - they would be non-refundable. Unfortunately, last year at both events I had people back out at the last minute which cost me money.

To me it was going to be about meeting the people and putting faces to the screen names of people we bullshit with everyday on the site. You can make any place fun if you're hanging out with cool people. That's pretty much my feelings on the whole deal. :dontknow:

^^ Couldn't have said it better myself. :top:

MusTrd

Reaction score
If it makes you feel better I wasn't going to XFW so you wouldn't have got to meet your hero anyways.

I suppose you were the only reason for me going, you're about the only other person on here that shares the same passion for chrome as me :laugh:

NixXR462

Reaction score
I suppose you were the only reason for me going, you're about the only other person on here that shares the same passion for chrome as me :laugh:
If they made chrome lube I'd rub one out with it.

Gadget

Reaction score
Yes it did.

Maybe next time folks can get more involved in planning and organizing instead of just whining and crying about everything. These things are very hard to put together and sometimes the folks organizing it need some help and support.

G

XRunnerDevil07

The black rocket scientist mac guy
Reaction score
:motz::motz::motz::frown::frown::frown:

sigh....oh well i guess.

BSP 05 X-Runner

Reaction score
Yes it did.

Maybe next time folks can get more involved in planning and organizing instead of just whining and crying about everything. These things are very hard to put together and sometimes the folks organizing it need some help and support.

G

Well said Gadget..

Super Werty

Reaction score
We'll I dont know about you guys, but Im ready to regroup and reorganize right now. I dont want to wait another year

Klint, do you have problem with regular members planning and hosting an xru event.?

There's been alot of talk about a possible tex-fest in November. Thats plenty of time to get things rollin. Or put up a poll to select a state and then pick a city from there.. etc

BSP 05 X-Runner

Reaction score
I wont be going to Texas in november, Damn thats a 60 hour round trip drive for us Nor-Cali's. It took us a little over 13 to havasu I was whipped after that

Top Bottom