X-Runner Rebuild

Discussion in 'Member Builds' started by Scyko, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Scyko

Scyko New Member

This is my first thread post and a very unfortunate one at that, Back story i bought my X on October of 2016
    and fell in love with it as we all do, but all good things must come to an end and mine ended on April 14, 2018 when i hydroplaned on a turn sending me into the ditch,causing me to roll over. Normally that would be the end of a vehicle but i would be able to sleep at night knowing that i sent an X to the Boneyard so as the title says i'm rebuilding it. and i thought i'd show my progress.

2. Scyko

Scyko New Member

This is what she looked like before the accident, followed by after

Attached Files:

rjbiii likes this.
  3. TX-X

TX-X Member

Sorry to hear about the wreck, but thank God you are ok. Quite a project, but bet it will be fun. Where are you located?

4. Scyko

Scyko New Member

I'm located in Fort Hood TX

5. Scyko

Scyko New Member

So to start off i needed a donor access cab and Tacoma's reliability bit me in the rear on this. Since April i've been looking for a cab to no luck at all. Only tacomas i found were either first gen, regular cab, or wrecked worse than mine, until 2 weeks ago i found one. White access cab very minor dings, automatic ,but i could easily convert to manual

Attached Files:

rjbiii and XMPLRY808 like this.
  6. Scyko

Scyko New Member

Once i saw it was good i went to town gutting it, removed all interior, disconnected all the harnesses and removed the 6 bolts holding the cab on the frame

Attached Files:

7. Scyko

Scyko New Member

Now that i had a cab i proceeded to remove my damaged cab, and since i didnt need it anymore out comes the angle grinder...bare with me these next pics aren't easy to see but needed to be done.

Attached Files:

8. Scyko

Scyko New Member

Now the moment of truth doing the actual swap. (lost some pics but still have most of them)

Attached Files:

9. Scyko

Scyko New Member

Had about half of mt truck inside the house

Attached Files:

10. Scyko

Scyko New Member

with the undamaged cab on i began to paint and reinstall everything.

Attached Files:

11. Scyko

Scyko New Member

everything that couldn't be saved and the slight mods i did to convert to standard, this is all i have right now done more to follow and i should be done by this Saturday, still need a hood and the driver side doors no luck finding any here

Attached Files:

XMPLRY808 likes this.
  12. rjbiii

rjbiii Member

Nice! Was hoping to see some more pics! Looking good

13. madtrucker

madtrucker Active Member

Wow! What a project?! You are going to know that truck inside and out, literally, by the time your done. It looks good. I'm impressed. Can't wait to see it all finished.